• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I adore the theatre at Queens Park and to all, it always takes two to tango. The far corner melee brought a smile to my face. Why WLF does all conflict over the years always seem to originate in that far corner? Almost predictable. What another great game. Could not rate it as good as 2017 or 2018, but it was definitely up there as one helluva contest. I love it that Waves just never surrender. And Queens Park is always worth more points on the double v performance. Thanks to the kids on both sides for a great game, and the Ref did his best. In the end it made no difference.

SkyBlue

Banned
Now I remember you!

WOW you bring up something that happened many many years ago, as you got absolutely flogged by us in your age group but you were ok when you played in a club team that had better players to help your cause, absolutely sure I mentioned it once, years ago, and that's the best you have, years later!
Yeah. I don’t know what you mean. I was talking about an apparent knock on during the grounding of a Barker try about 5 years ago leading to a Barker win.

SkyBlue

Banned
And you can confirm a bottle was thrown, how? ha ha ha SURE.

Notice, you haven't retracted your dopey comment about the boys on the sideline being drunk. TOTALLY INCORRECT!
A sorry would do.
Straight from the mouth of a player. So yes. Can confirm.

Forgive me for assuming that a crowd who stormed the field, swarming literal schoolboys, holding (and one person throwing) bottles of beer were intoxicated. If they were sober, that doesn’t help your case. Makes your mob look even worse.

SkyBlue

Banned
Stormed the field?

The 5 barker players surrounding the Waverley player pushed him across to the rope, ten metres away from the field. Wouldn’t have happened without Barker starting the push and shove all the way to the ropes.

Ah well, well done to Barker on the win.

Just had to stack the team with 14 of the best imports they could find from private schools all over to beat Waverley 4 tries to 5 - a great success.

It would have been pretty embarrassing if they lost with the money spent on this years team alone.

Well done to the Waverley fullback, absolutely destroyed the highly lauded Barker backline, cutting them to pieces. Seems the only way barker could score tries was with driving mauls and pick and drives.

Looking forward to the 15 new players that arrive next year for the Barker firsts as they only won 2 out of the 14 games they played today against Waverley!
The irony.

FootyCentral!

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hello All,
Long time reader and first time writer. Today was a great contest at Death Valley. However let’s not tarnish a great day by mentioning the word that shall not be named. After all, all schools do participate in it for various sports (bar Aloys).
Keen to see the decider at Barker next week.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Absolute rubbish, why would you say that when you just don't know.
Firstly NO ONE WAS DRUNK, the old boys came from a colts game in the morning, so that statement is just dribble!

You don't sound "real classy", in fact, the correct English is REALLY CLASSY, FYI.

Sounds like you got a bit of a scare at Death Valley today, scored 5 tries to 4, and Katoa ( who is a real champion btw ) kicked 7 from 7.

Pull you head in!

Agree Rod, Hooper was terrific, but so was the whole Barker side, they are a very good side, it was a high quality game.
I thought the Waves capt was outstanding at 3 and the 15 has a good kick on him. His touch finders kept Barker on the defensive for much of the game. And let's not forget the Waves deft kicks behind the defensive line. That worked a treat on 3 occasions. I thought the smoking ceremony went on a bit too long. Game finished at 4.50pm which is pretty late. Another plus on the day was the half time entertainment. Having the crowd sing "I am Australian" was a great interlude. The double Vee should be proud. Well played.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
I can now confirm a bottle was thrown… “Real classy”…

The irony is “real classy” is a saying…

My favourite part of the game today was that now I don’t have to hear about you cry about a knock on that occurred 5 years ago. Because you were gifted a try that was a knock on and still lost. The footy gods always win.

Can’t wait for Knox. Going to be a cracking game. Those Knoxies can play.
Might go and watch that now it appears the gps comp is decided. Where is it being played? Good viewing? Good tuckshop? 3 key ingredients.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Might go and watch that now it appears the gps comp is decided. Where is it being played? Good viewing? Good tuckshop? 3 key ingredients.
Barker College. Pacific Highway Hornsby. Viewing excellent. Tuckshop well stocked. Joker from GPS would approve.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barker College. Pacific Highway Hornsby. Viewing excellent. Tuckshop well stocked. Joker from GPS would approve.
Good to hear. Must have a great pie or burger. Is it played on the main cricket oval or in front of the new building (rosewood?). Looking forward to seeing the barker #10. Barker look strong. Knox had a large number of boys in NSW 1 and 2s from what I saw. Should be a cracker!

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stormed the field?

The 5 barker players surrounding the Waverley player pushed him across to the rope, ten metres away from the field. Wouldn’t have happened without Barker starting the push and shove all the way to the ropes.

Ah well, well done to Barker on the win.

Just had to stack the team with 14 of the best imports they could find from private schools all over to beat Waverley 4 tries to 5 - a great success.

It would have been pretty embarrassing if they lost with the money spent on this years team alone.

Well done to the Waverley fullback, absolutely destroyed the highly lauded Barker backline, cutting them to pieces. Seems the only way barker could score tries was with driving mauls and pick and drives.

Looking forward to the 15 new players that arrive next year for the Barker firsts as they only won 2 out of the 14 games they played today against Waverley!
That is ridiculous coming from a Waverley supporter. All schools do it or try to do it in some form and before some parents claim it doesn’t happen at their school, that’s BS. ‘In some form’ is something you need to think about. I’m not a barker parent.

There is a very easy solution to the issue that shall not be mentioned in this forum, and it’s what they do in grade cricket, its called the ‘club championship’. Points are awarded for winning games across different grades and across different age groups, and the winner gets awarded a championship. The winners of first and second grade are also recognised.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
So, for the records nerds, the Knox score yesterday was the second-highest ever recorded in the competition's history. Scorers aren't posted yet so unclear whether any individual records were challenged. If Bourgeois scored again, he will have scored four times in four games, needing to dot down against Barker to become the sixth player ever to score in each round of the Plume Shield competition.

Otherwise, should be an epic finale next week. I sense it's Knox's year, but any odds are good odds in a two-horse race.

SkyBlue

Banned
So, for the records nerds, the Knox score yesterday was the second-highest ever recorded in the competition's history. Scorers aren't posted yet so unclear whether any individual records were challenged. If Bourgeois scored again, he will have scored four times in four games, needing to dot down against Barker to become the sixth player ever to score in each round of the Plume Shield competition.

Otherwise, should be an epic finale next week. I sense it's Knox's year, but any odds are good odds in a two-horse race.
What was the final score for the Knox - Aloys game.

Onside

Frank Nicholson (4)

From CAS website. Knox scorers
Alexander Sherlock 6, Archie Saunders 3, Will Constable 1, Malachy Enasio 1, Will Goddard 1, Johnathan Ryan 1

6 tries to one lad!

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I thought the Waves capt was outstanding at 3 and the 15 has a good kick on him. His touch finders kept Barker on the defensive for much of the game. And let's not forget the Waves deft kicks behind the defensive line. That worked a treat on 3 occasions. I thought the smoking ceremony went on a bit too long. Game finished at 4.50pm which is pretty late. Another plus on the day was the half time entertainment. Having the crowd sing "I am Australian" was a great interlude. The double Vee should be proud. Well played.
G'day Rod,

Agree with your thoughts.

I thought it was a terrific game, both sides were very passionate, the speed, defense, and execution was high level, and it was very physical.
Barker deserved to win, they were too good, but the Waves definitely had a crack and paid no attention to some big name players, who were also terrific. Great schoolboy footy!

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I adore the theatre at Queens Park and to all, it always takes two to tango. The far corner melee brought a smile to my face. Why WLF does all conflict over the years always seem to originate in that far corner? Almost predictable. What another great game. Could not rate it as good as 2017 or 2018, but it was definitely up there as one helluva contest. I love it that Waves just never surrender. And Queens Park is always worth more points on the double v performance. Thanks to the kids on both sides for a great game, and the Ref did his best. In the end it made no difference.
Hi Has,

That is the corner the recent old boys meet, it has been going on for years, and other schools also do similar things.
Unlike us aged old boys, they are full of bravado etc, Cranbrook gave it to us last week, imo, it's no big deal and part of the deal.

As I said to Rod, a terrific game, what it is all about, and Barker were just too good.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Hi Has,

That is the corner the recent old boys meet, it has been going on for years, and other schools also do similar things.
Unlike us aged old boys, they are full of bravado etc, Cranbrook gave it to us last week, imo, it's no big deal and part of the deal.

As I said to Rod, a terrific game, what it is all about, and Barker were just too good.
No 11 for Waverley seconds was an impressive player WLF. Is he in year 11 - any idea? Very quick with a great sidestep.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
OK, so, fun with records:

Knox's 89 points against St Aloysius was its biggest 1st XV score ever in a CAS competition game but not its highest ever margin of victory - Knox beat St Aloysius 86-0 in 2016.

Knox's Alex Sherlock became the first player ever to end a CAS game with six tries and he equalled the CAS record for most individual points in a game (30, equalling Mitch Wheals' 30 against the same opponents a couple of years back). But he's not the highest try-scorer in a CAS game: DJ Wormald from Barker scored 7 in a game back in 1941, when tries were worth only 3 points each. However, with one round to go, he has become only the second player to score 10 tries in the 5-round competition (guess the other?).

And Katoa's seven goals on Saturday equalled the record for most goals by a Barker player in a 1st XV game against Waverley, joining two other players (D Balcomb and Nathan Spooner).