• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well, I thought that the premiership would be decided today, and it was. Waverley won't lose to Trinity or St Aloysius.

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
D4070396-64C4-4170-9843-35E47AF0C7B0.jpeg

thank you and good night

Bob McCowan (2)
Well played Waves. I've watched them play a few games this year and they have improved dramatically since the Newington game.

I don't want to bag Knox, but for a team that has so many CAS 1st and state players, they were 'bang' average today. The redhead flanker and the outside centre were outstanding but the rest didn't do a lot. But, that's the first time I've watched them play so maybe they had an off day.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Well played Waves. I've watched them play a few games this year and they have improved dramatically since the Newington game.

I don't want to bag Knox, but for a team that has so many CAS 1st and state players, they were 'bang' average today. The redhead flanker and the outside centre were outstanding but the rest didn't do a lot. But, that's the first time I've watched them play so maybe they had an off day.
Agree 777, the Knox 7 and 13 were terrific but what people didn't know was that this Waves age has never lost a CAS game all through the ages, and it was only numerous injuries v Newington and View etc, and until recently, that camouflaged their ability.

The CAS selections are nearly always a joke because of agendas.
Yeah it was a great day….

If you support Waverley
Waves won all ages, except the 16as, and a clean sweep in the 1sts, 2nds and 3rds.

Last edited:

JohnnyOhns

Peter Burge (5)
Agree 777, the Knox 7 and 13 were terrific but what people didn't know was that this Waves age has never lost a CAS game all through the ages, and it was only numerous injuries v Newington and View etc, and until recently, that camouflaged their ability.

The CAS selections are nearly always a joke because of agendas.

Waved won all ages, except the 16as, and a clean sweep in the 1sts, 2nds and 3rds.
Cranbrook were unlucky not to achieve this feat with 4th through to 2nds beating barker quite convincingly. Interesting how barker class themselves as a rugby school when they have less depth than teams such as Cranbrook.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Your thoughts on the last Barker try Rod?
Look in my view the ref had a average game. And Cranbrook in the main were the beneficiary of those 50/50 calls. The last Barker try looked completely fair at live speed. Just because Cranbrook do not contest a lineout does not automatically mean the Barker lineout is creating a shepherd. The Barker lineout catcher was the leading player in the drive. This is not a shepherd. The fact that the ref called it as such confused me. How the touch got involved was not clear to me. All in all Cranbrook played a very good game and Barkers execution was terrible. Barkers scrum dominance just did not parlay into points. To many errors against a Cranbrook team that played an expansive game and took their chances. I think the Barker coach will need to go back to the drawing board. A bit like Eddie Jones with the Wobblies. Barker certainly had the wobblies today.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the Knox coaches will rue the direction not to take penalties. By my count it was probably twelve gettable penalties that Knox kicked to the sidelines.

Only for the forwards not to score.
Waverley forwards did very well on the try line.

Waverley backs definitely looked better with a number of line breaks and turnovers. They were also very quick in getting up to the line in defence and disrupting the rhythm for Knox which resulted in quite a few missed passes.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Look in my view the ref had a average game. And Cranbrook in the main were the beneficiary of those 50/50 calls. The last Barker try looked completely fair at live speed. Just because Cranbrook do not contest a lineout does not automatically mean the Barker lineout is creating a shepherd. The Barker lineout catcher was the leading player in the drive. This is not a shepherd. The fact that the ref called it as such confused me. How the touch got involved was not clear to me. All in all Cranbrook played a very good game and Barkers execution was terrible. Barkers scrum dominance just did not parlay into points. To many errors against a Cranbrook team that played an expansive game and took their chances. I think the Barker coach will need to go back to the drawing board. A bit like Eddie Jones with the Wobblies. Barker certainly had the wobblies today.
To me it looks like a young team that aren’t trusting their abilities and playing within themselves. Interested to hear others opinions

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
To me it looks like a young team that aren’t trusting their abilities and playing within themselves. Interested to hear others opinions
Barker are a young team. That said Cranbrook just played a really good game without a dominant forward pack and capitalised on Barkers errors and poor positional reads.

Congrats to Waves on winning the comp.