• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Hector

Frank Nicholson (4)
St Aloysius went down 7-19 to Pius. Same margin as last year’s opener and I think 4th year in a row St Pius have taken that opening win. A little “same ol’” for Aloys. Couple of good forwards in the open-side skipper and the Year 11 tighthead lock. But really lacking size and effectiveness. Not a lot of zip in the back 3, but #13 who was excellent last year will be their hope.

There’s some positives elsewhere in the program. A new head of rugby (Jack Gooding in, Brendan McKibbin departed) and some wins lower down: 2nds an epic 3-all draw, a win in the 3rds and depth enough to have a 4ths this year. Both 16s sides got wins. The 15s, who only have one team, look much better than last year. The 14s went down but there’s some real talent in that As side and perhaps in a good sign the 13s teams both won, the As in a tight one and the Bs getting up by more than 30.

So some positives throughout the whole group, but in the Firsts, there’s been no CAS wins since 2019 and despite some opportunities in the invitationals, it’s hard to think that they’ll be able to knock one of the other CAS teams off this year.

Ruben STICK

Frank Row (1)
Darcy Standfield not to good after watching his Randwick game greedy and doesn't no how to pass the ball but some good news Felix Turnui back good new for Waverley 1st

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Cranbrook Predicted First XV:
1) Joe Rouse (1sts Last year)
2) Jack Rose (16as Last year)
3) Kaleb Ah-Colt (1sts Last year)
4) Tom Girle (1sts Last year)
5) Fred May (2nds Last year)
6) Cameron Mckenzie / Daniel O'Regan (2nds Last year)
7) Jed Smith
8) Noah Jackson (1sts Last year)
9) Oliver Patterson (2nds Last year)
10) Jaxson Allen (1sts Last year)
11) Dylan Roach (1sts Last year)
12) Cooper Rathie (1sts last year) / Nick Swain (2nds Last year)
13) Lance Tovio (1sts Last year)
14) Stefan Ferster (2nds Last year)
15) Dylan Melvey (1sts Last year)
Ruben would obliterate every single one of these boys. Will be interesting to see Noah Jackson go against Ruben Stock on the 3rd of June down at Kings park (Passing of Queen Elizabeth)

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted
Very early I know but given last years teams does anyone have any predicted CAS 1s or 2s lineups?
Very Early predicted CAS 1sts

1. Ky Pule
2. Alloys hooker
3. Will Goddard
4. Ned Ericson
5. Adam Van Wicks
6. Zion Pittyoha
7. Jono Ryan
8. Ruben Stock
9. Orly Hatton Ward
10. Tuaomaliemavaitoelau Patea
11. Billy Lyons
12. Malakye Enasio
13.Tobias Nielsen
14. Jacob Hassan
15. Charlie Poynton

Stag Stalwart

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted

1. Ky Pule
2. Alloys hooker
3. Will Goddard
4. Ned Ericson
5. Adam Van Wicks
6. Zion Pittyoha
7. Jono Ryan
8. Ruben Stock
9. Orly Hatton Ward
11. Billy Lyons
12. Malakye Enasio
13.Tobias Nielsen
14. Jacob Hassan
15. Charlie Poynton
Zion Potaiha is out for the season injured I believe.

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted

1. Ky Pule
2. Alloys hooker
3. Will Goddard
4. Ned Ericson
5. Adam Van Wicks
6. Zion Pittyoha
7. Jono Ryan
8. Ruben Stock
9. Orly Hatton Ward
11. Billy Lyons
12. Malakye Enasio
13.Tobias Nielsen
14. Jacob Hassan
15. Charlie Poynton
Big wraps on Reuben Stock, NRL or Wallabies bound?

William McIlrath

Bob McCowan (2)
St Aloysius went down 7-19 to Pius. Same margin as last year’s opener and I think 4th year in a row St Pius have taken that opening win. A little “same ol’” for Aloys. Couple of good forwards in the open-side skipper and the Year 11 tighthead lock. But really lacking size and effectiveness. Not a lot of zip in the back 3, but #13 who was excellent last year will be their hope.

There’s some positives elsewhere in the program. A new head of rugby (Jack Gooding in, Brendan McKibbin departed) and some wins lower down: 2nds an epic 3-all draw, a win in the 3rds and depth enough to have a 4ths this year. Both 16s sides got wins. The 15s, who only have one team, look much better than last year. The 14s went down but there’s some real talent in that As side and perhaps in a good sign the 13s teams both won, the As in a tight one and the Bs getting up by more than 30.

So some positives throughout the whole group, but in the Firsts, there’s been no CAS wins since 2019 and despite some opportunities in the invitationals, it’s hard to think that they’ll be able to knock one of the other CAS teams off this year.
Hey Hector,

I have been informed in the Aloysius 2's had two tries disallowed, crossing of the line twice despite the 3-3 score. In stark contrast to the nil penetrations from Pius of the try line, hence a degree of sheer indefatigability coming out of the Aloys defence. It also ought to be noted a red card coming from Pius's 7 I believe, swearing at the ref (warned multiple times), quite disgusting the lack of respect tolerated and seemingly perpetuated by Pius's on field culture with regard to respect towards the ref. Also some injuries coming out of this game Pius 12, 4 and 6 if I recall correctly obviously disadvantageous for them, as well as a head knock for the big 12 from Aloys he seemed quite promising though not much ball time.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
There's plenty of Knox and Waverley supporters on the forum, surely somebody knows how they went in their first trial?

Dads Army

Frank Row (1)
Hey Hector,

I have been informed in the Aloysius 2's had two tries disallowed, crossing off the line twice despite the 3-3 score. In stark contrast to the nil penetrations from Pius of the try line, hence a degree of sheer indefatigability coming out of the Aloys defence. It also ought to be noted a red card coming from Pius's 7 I believe, swearing at the ref (warned multiple times), quite disgusting the lack of respect tolerated and seemingly perpetuated by Pius's on field culture with regard to respect towards the ref. Also some injuries coming out of this game Pius 12, 4 and 6 if I recall correctly obviously disadvantageous for them, as well as a head knock for the big 12 from Aloys he seemed quite promising though not much ball time.

Gday,
I’m not sure Aloys are getting the credit they deserve. Obviously the game was played in atrocious conditions resulting in lots of dropped ball, but Aloys more than held their own.

The Pius forwards were well drilled and had an advantage at the line out, but Aloys scrum was more dominant. Aloys were camped in Pius half for most of the game, which is testament to their defence. If not for so much dropped ball in the forwards they would have probably picked up more tries.

They also had 2 players sent to sin bin at the same time, effectively playing with 13 players against 15 for 10 mins and the Pius old boy running the sideline did them no favours at all.
Aloys also bombed a certain try with a player dropping the ball over the line and Pius picked it up and went the length - it was a 14pt turn around.

Aloys backs were far more threatening with multiple players making line breaks. They also lost their fullback due to injury in 2nd half. Aloys 12 & 13 were dangerous with limited opportunities and they completely shut down Pius backs defensively.

If played in drier conditions, I wouldn’t be surprised if Aloys reversed the result when they meet Pius again.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Big wraps on Reuben Stock, NRL or Wallabies bound?
Ruben is of South African descent, I've spoken to the man mountain and he said he would like to play for the Springboks but will also like to play Wallabies. He didn't know what rugby league was until the start of this year.

Ruben STICK

Frank Row (1)
Breaking news Darcy Standfield has been put into the 2XV due to poor performance replace by Noah Tofaeono apprentice Cooper Stewart proud father son moment for Noah and Coops

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
There's plenty of Knox and Waverley supporters on the forum, surely somebody knows how they went in their first trial?
G'Day RoD,

The Waves haven't played an external trial yet, only internal trials.
Next week a squad of 35 are off to Japan to play 4 local Japanese schools, and enjoy the experience, very lucky boys!

Our 1st home trial is v Newington, then View, Oakhill, Auggies and finally Gregs/Puis.
Then the 1st round of the CAS begins, we play Cranbrook at home.

It's a real shame that we only get to play 2 GPS schools, but that is what has happened as the GPS schools have unfortunately reverted back to a home and away comp for themselves.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Breaking news Darcy Standfield has been put into the 2XV due to poor performance replace by Noah Tofaeono apprentice Cooper Stewart proud father son moment for Noah and Coops
Rubbish, go back to school, it isn't even slightly funny!