• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

RugbyTID

Bob McCowan (2)
I've seen a lot of predicted Waverley teams (seems to be a very strong team), but not seen many predicted teams for the others in particular Knox and Barker.

PropLivesMatter

Frank Row (1)
This is a joke, realistically Aloys are going to finish last again simply as they are not able to compete with the higher importing schools. Having them above both Cranbrook and Trinity makes no sense seeing from my knowledge their year 12s haven't won a CAS game in multiple years. I believe it will be a tight season for most schools even a possible shared prem as anyone can take a win on the day. I also think Cranbrook are going to be much more competitive than some think with their young 2s side from last year moving into the 1s after winning the comp outright last season. Let me know your thoughts.
Seems to me like your are employing some unreliable narration to crush the spirits and hopes of a strong Aloys team. Seems absolutely preposterous to me, and my best guess is some schoolboy from Cranbrook has tried to utilize their "wittiness" to insult the aloys boys. As you said "anyone can take a win on the day", so let's just wish these boys well, regardless of what school they're from.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
I've seen a lot of predicted Waverley teams (seems to be a very strong team), but not seen many predicted teams for the others in particular Knox and Barker.
1. Cooper Stapleton (2nds/1sts)
2. Kade Stanton (2nds)
3. Nick Hill (16A/1sts)
4.Adam Van Wyk (1sts)
5. Nathaniel Thomas (16As/1sts)
6. Micho Loubser (2nds)
7. Matthew Hanley (1sts)
8. Leo Gibb (1sts/2nds
9.Kera Weaver (16As/1sts)
10. Charlie Poynton (1st XV)/Will Hargreaves
11. Matthew sentonaris (16As)
12. Andrew Wheals (2nds/1sts)
13.Hamish Mcdonald (1st)/Benjamin Blanchard(2nds)
14.Benjamin Blanchard (2nds)/louis keene(2nds)
15.Poynton or hamish mcdonald
I also made a knox predicted line up late last year which is earlier in the forum

Last edited:

RugbyTID

Bob McCowan (2)
2. Kade Stanton (2nds)
3. Nick Jill (16A/1sts)
4.Adam Van Wyk (1sts)
6. Micho Lounser (2nds)
7. Matthew Hanley (1sts)
8. Leo Gibb (1sts/2nds
I also made a knox predicted line up late last year which is earlier in the forum
Thank you, seems to be quite a strong team again, not quite as strong as that incredible team last year though.

RUCKS R US

Frank Nicholson (4)
2. Kade Stanton (2nds)
3. Nick Hill (16A/1sts)
4.Adam Van Wyk (1sts)
6. Micho Loubser (2nds)
7. Matthew Hanley (1sts)
8. Leo Gibb (1sts/2nds
Seems like a very strong side, however their depth of talent is a lot more questionable than last year. Will be interesting to see if they survive the season. RUCKER out

Thetynesideknight

Frank Row (1)
2. Kade Stanton (2nds)
3. Nick Hill (16A/1sts)
4.Adam Van Wyk (1sts)
6. Micho Loubser (2nds)
7. Matthew Hanley (1sts)
8. Leo Gibb (1sts/2nds
In my expertise opinion, I am predicting this team doesn't have the grit to beat Knox or Aloys as those two have been partaking in both mental and physical pre-season.
TTK

RUCKS R US

Frank Nicholson (4)
In my expertise opinion, I am predicting this team doesn't have the grit to beat Knox or Aloys as those two have been partaking in both mental and physical pre-season.
TTK
MATE, ur a silly goose. Aloys will get thumped by Barker again. No chance they can handle barkers wrath, after a strong preaseason and with their returning 1s players. No chance.

No news about the Barker/Knox trial today. Even if it was probably just a energetic training run
Trial was competive and Barker just had the edge but it’s a trial so who knows. Couple of Year 10’s in the Barker team at 10 and 8 who both showed some good touch’s and didn’t look out of place. Knox has a couple of new boys by the look of it at fullback and reserve prop

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Trial was competive and Barker just had the edge but it’s a trial so who knows. Couple of Year 10’s in the Barker team at 10 and 8 who both showed some good touch’s and didn’t look out of place. Knox has a couple of new boys by the look of it at fullback and reserve prop
For me Barker looked to have the edge in the backs but Knox forwards looked a bit stronger. But pretty scrappy and lots of situational resets so who knows. The Barker 12 and 15 looked v strong and the Knox back row seemed to be enjoying themselves.

PASS MASTER

Frank Row (1)
Barker trial Oakhill this weekend.
Will Barker put in superior effort ?
Barker are not last years team. Oakhill are a unknown. any insight on this game.