• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Anyone know who the CAS sides are stacking up against this coming weekend for the first round of trials and predictions?

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah went to watch newington the other day and they played very well. Cranbrooks 2s played exceptionally well last season and these players will be wanting to prove something and show that they want this.
Then it should be any interesting game at Death Valley, many are tipping New to win comfortably by 12-18+, will be very surprised if that happens but at this stage not too much is known of any team. Hope the rain stays away until after the game.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah went to watch newington the other day and they played very well. Cranbrooks 2s played exceptionally well last season and these players will be wanting to prove something and show that they want this.
Augs are strong they might have on of the better backline maybe in school footy this year. I think that’s why kings 1sts initially wanted to play augs over cranbrook. Will be an interesting game

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Augs are strong they might have on of the better backline maybe in school footy this year. I think that’s why kings 1sts initially wanted to play augs over cranbrook. Will be an interesting game
Agree should be a cracking game, heard it’s being played under lights at Warringa after the 1st grade boys finish. Cranbrook have a very strong forward pack this year so I believe they have the edge in that respect and should be a good test in the backs for both sides with a classy Auggies back line against many returning names for Cranbrook.

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes auggies have proven to be very strong with a 7 all draw with churchies in QLD GPS during the school holidays, and a comfortable win over trinity last friday, I truly believe St augs will give every team they play a red hot crack, and with most if not all players returning back they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Yes auggies have proven to be very strong with a 7 all draw with churchies in QLD GPS during the school holidays, and a comfortable win over trinity last friday, I truly believe St augs will give every team they play a red hot crack, and with most if not all players returning back they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Also now have tylan and tomoko Berryman which adds a lot of attacking options with walsh in the backline

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
Then it should be any interesting game at Death Valley, many are tipping New to win comfortably by 12-18+, will be very surprised if that happens but at this stage not too much is known of any team. Hope the rain stays away until after the game.
Yeah, hopefully the rain stays away, will be an interesting year in general for Newington

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
Cranbrook where meant to play Kings but they dropped out, but I heard Kings are playing Eastwood U18, correct me if I am wrong. I think cranbrook forwards will over power augs

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Cranbrook where meant to play Kings but they dropped out, but I heard Kings are playing Eastwood U18, correct me if I am wrong. I think cranbrook forwards will over power augs
Even though cranbrook may have a forward pack that works like a well oiled machine, st augs will be sure to match them with the two quality players at second row both playing nsw school boy rugby last year likewise with one of the props and i believe there number 8 has been playing firsts since he was in year 10 so i wouldn't make any assumptions about the ability of saints forward pack just yet which has had minimal changes over around 3 years as they have played together since under 14's.