• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

megarugbyman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sorry about no report this week. Everything I have seen from others, I agree with. I would just like to mention my standouts from the Cranbrook side. I think No.(6) Mackenzie was the crowds favourite. I think debutant (14) had a good game. (2) played well and also switched to flanker during the game as a substitution came on which was very interesting, saying this I believe most forwards had a good game. A few debuts off the bench with the 2s (9) Marchant, (17) Walsh these two played the best out of the bench boys. Overall Cranbrook needed this game to solidify themselves and hopefully when they play Auggies we see a much better game between the two sides.
Agreed. Tough to look past MacKenzie (6) as the best player as he scored 5 tries. Marchant from what i've heard is a very promising 9 and is vital for the Cranbrook 2nds team with the hope to play consistent minutes for the 1sts.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Playing at 11am is a weird one. Makes it harder to draw a crowd with clashing games. I’d assume it’s being streamed on stan again, so they’re playing it at 11am for the sake of the broadcasters.

I haven't heard about it being on Stan. I don't think they would broadcast a schoolboy trial game. Probably has something to do with Nudgee potentially having to fly home that night? Not sure though.

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
They certainly will. Best prop in the CAS in my opinion, should be in CAS 1
Wow I beg to differ as knox's front row are very good watching them play against auggies i think the knox props were much more effective then cranbrooks number 3 he is decent but me personally i wouldn't bother to compare him to the knox big bopper either 1 or 3 cannot remember. I say this because i also watched augs vs Cranbrook at rat park and he did little to nothing during the game, wasn't the best carrier considering his size but maybe he had an off day.

William McIlrath

Bob McCowan (2)
26-13 Knox over St Augustine’s at a very wet and muddy Rat Park. Knox always looked in control but it was an average game of rugby influenced heavily by conditions. Augustine’s played hard rugby and competed well for the full game. Knox couldn’t really get going with poor handling stifling momentum
This game was quality to watch, would like to say congrats to auggies those boys kept their grit till FT.

Playing at 11am is a weird one. Makes it harder to draw a crowd with clashing games. I’d assume it’s being streamed on stan again, so they’re playing it at 11am for the sake of the broadcasters.
Apparently the time is due to Nudgee flying back Saturday afternoon. Don’t think the game is being streamed anywhere. Nothing from the school promoting it which is strange given the hype around last year. Very disappointing as it should be a big deal for all involved.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anybody know the dates and fixtures for the 2023 CAS season??

Cheers,
1684201390802.png

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Interesting that St Aloysius College are listed as the home team against Knox Grammar School considering that the blue and gold also hosted that matchup last year
Yeh seems a bit rough, looks like they only have 1 home game the whole CAS season, might be the most important one though against Barker.