• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
53DC4AC3-6261-4544-84F2-3F707E9129E8.jpeg

Greg.Kelly

Frank Row (1)
I will predict that none of these predictions will get up.
Hey KC,

I don't know what makes you so sure, as despite a bit of variability in scores, I feel most will be correct. Nudgee seem to have lost a slight touch in their game, so it could be a close one but Aloys will be a certain win home after their last games showing some quality performances. Stannies are in good form with Cranbrook presenting a few injuries, similarly with Waverly but again could a be close one. Knox should be a clear win but Kinross could be a dark horse after showing some promising signs in previous matches.

Kell out.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure if hills fit or not but if he is I’d have him over ah colt. Was Aus 16s last year and has been impressive against strong opposition, including a massive newington pack and view. Goddards a must. Can’t see girlie starting at 2 row over two gen blue 2022 players.

This is right. The fact that someone is playing well doesn't necessarily mean you pick them in CAS 1sts. They need to be playing better than the others - especially when the others are incumbents.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Anyone have predictions for this week?
Barker to beat Nudgee, Barker to win by 4 tries or more
Gregs to beat Aloys, to win by 2 or 3 more tries
Cranbrook to beat Stannies, by 2-3 more tries
Auggies to beat Waverly, due to Waverly's ongoing injuries, should be a close game despite that
Knox to beat Oakhill, again should be a very close and exciting matchup
Trinity to beat Kinross, Trinity should win be a large amount, 5+ tries

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
The teams have been announced for the Waves this Sat.

Good news, 4 key 1sts back in ( 2 forwards and 2 backs), 2 backs still out, BUT it's a much stronger side than any time in the past.

This will also bolster the 2nds/3rd and 16as, so we will now see what effect this has on the schools performance.

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
The teams have been announced for the Waves this Sat.

Good news, 4 key 1sts back in ( 2 forwards and 2 backs), 2 backs still out, BUT it's a much stronger side than any time in the past.

This will also bolster the 2nds/3rd and 16as, so we will now see what effect this has on the schools performance.
Do you have names of who's just come back and who's still injured and a possible return date?

gooseylover101

Bob McCowan (2)
Barker to beat Nudgee, Barker to win by 4 tries or more
Gregs to beat Aloys, to win by 2 or 3 more tries
Cranbrook to beat Stannies, by 2-3 more tries
Auggies to beat Waverly, due to Waverly's ongoing injuries, should be a close game despite that
Knox to beat Oakhill, again should be a very close and exciting matchup
Trinity to beat Kinross, Trinity should win be a large amount, 5+ tries
I believe Jaxson Allen, the year 11 number 10 for Cranbrook firsts is also injured along with some other players, leading me to believe that they may be playing with a few second-grade players against Stannies.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Do you have names of who's just come back and who's still injured and a possible return date?
Yep.

In , Ollie Aboud Flanker, Noah Tofaeono lock, Caleb Sinclaire-Harris centre, and Billy Lyons winger.

Still injured Jonte Fidel a few weeks, Kahu Capper probably next week, and Zion Poitaha (season).

Suspect their match fitness won't be 100% this Sat, but after the next 2 weeks, assuming a good run, the Waves will be quite strong for the start of the CAS comp. Same applies to all other teams, hopefully no injuries to anyone!

Watch out Auggies and others!