• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Bob McCowan (2)
Waves 38
St Augs 24

The 10 for St Augs is unreal. I have no idea of his name but he has everything - vision, speed, and a bullet-like pass. Without him, St Augs would not have scored much today. Their fullback has a crack though.

As for the Waves, they'd be happy. They're a solid team but don't seem to have an x-factor type player that can tear the game wide open. But I've only watched them play today and the first half against Newington.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Nudgee will do a number on Barker this year, Barker is propped up by imports at the top end, Nudgee has a wholistic approach to their Rugby program from the 13F right through to the 1stXV. They have a formidable team and knocked of The Southport School last weekend by 30 points.
Well you judgement is questionable. Nudgee were never going to do a number on Barker. 4 tries a piece was a fair reflection of the game. Conversions and penalties the difference. Nudgee though deserved to win having dominated the scrum. Injuries have hit Barker with 2 key forwards out. Barker is building its depth and yes it does not have the history of a school like Nudgee. But GPS schools in Qld have all been acquiring talent across all age groups for many years. Barker is quietly doing the same. Lots of year 10 boys pulling on the Red jumper for the first time which will build depth.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Waves 38
St Augs 24

The 10 for St Augs is unreal. I have no idea of his name but he has everything - vision, speed, and a bullet-like pass. Without him, St Augs would not have scored much today. Their fullback has a crack though.

As for the Waves, they'd be happy. They're a solid team but don't seem to have an x-factor type player that can tear the game wide open. But I've only watched them play today and the first half against Newington.
Thats a great result for the Double V. This CAS comp is wide open. Knox deserve to be favourites, but Barker, Waves and Brook have the talent to win games on the day.

James466

Frank Row (1)
Kinross beat trinity by 22-19 at home they show up. The toll of 5am bus rides on players ability isn't questioned enough

Hector

Frank Nicholson (4)
Aloys 7 lost to St Gregs 46.

SAC were missing skipper #7 plus #10 and #12. That being said they were very poor in the first half. The limited possession they had was gifted back to Gregs with poor kicking. The forwards were good, as usual #2, #3, #5 great quality, but it it was five tries to nil by half time already. Backline looking porous and not much spark ball in hand, except #13 a solo effort. More solid and improved second half, but will need to draw deeper to make sure the CAS games don't get completely out of hand unfortunately.

Tough day for the Blue and Gold, largely lost big and scoreless across the As. Only a single win across the day, the 13As (again).

Big bus trip out to Orange next week, hopefully a few players back and a bit of starch injected into them on the way.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Waverley looked a different beast with key players back.

Aboud is just a standout player, he was the best player on the field by a country mile - and didn’t stay on for the second half. And having Tofaeono, Lyons and Sinclair Harris back meant they were much better than they have been. It might come back to be beneficial that their big players have actually had a bit of a rest and will be firing come CAS.

Still have their best back to come back too(Fidel). Plus Capper to come back too.

They will be competitive at least and can win the tough games coming up, which they didn’t look like in the first couple of weeks.

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
Waverley looked a different beast with key players back.

Aboud is just a standout player, he was the best player on the field by a country mile - and didn’t stay on for the second half. And having Tofaeono, Lyons and Sinclair Harris back meant they were much better than they have been. It might come back to be beneficial that their big players have actually had a bit of a rest and will be firing come CAS.

Still have their best back to come back too(Fidel). Plus Capper to come back too.

They will be competitive at least and can win the tough games coming up, which they didn’t look like in the first couple of weeks.
Watching today, the team has come a long way since their first games. They have improved massively in a short amount of time and at Smokey’s to win. And it was great to see such a large number of reserves used in the second half - shows that having those injuries has actually been great at building a lot of depth for their firsts.

I still think that if Poitaha gets back in time they will a different team again. But yes add in Fidel, and Capper goes in somewhere- they will have a pretty good lineup come CAS.

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Waves 38
St Augs 24

If it’s Joey Walsh he’s a gun