• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Rugby888

Banned
Few more season previews for Barker and Waverley ahead of rounds one.

Greg.Kelly

Frank Row (1)
My Tips:

Knox 20+
Barker 40+
Cranbrook 5+
JE,

I feel your tips are a bit audacious as Barker by such a landslide is pretty unrealistic and Knox by possibly too few given that Trinity and Aloys have being putting up similar results in the trials and Knox being the seemingly better team thus far, however I could see your Cranbrook prediction being on the money.

More realistic tips (in my humble opinion)
Knox 30+
Barker 20+
Cranbrook 5+

Kell Out.

JohnEalesFanAccount

Frank Row (1)
JE,

I feel your tips are a bit audacious as Barker by such a landslide is pretty unrealistic and Knox by possibly too few given that Trinity and Aloys have being putting up similar results in the trials and Knox being the seemingly better team thus far, however I could see your Cranbrook prediction being on the money.

More realistic tips (in my humble opinion)
Knox 30+
Barker 20+
Cranbrook 5+

Kell Out.

GK,

appreciate your response. However, I believe Barker's forward line will be too much for Aloys to handle, especially with the likes of Hill (1) and Van Wyk (5).

JE.

Last edited:

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)

Have just come across this on YouTube. A great little promo for Saturday arvo at QP1. I have to say I am very excited for this one with both teams at as full strength as they'll get for the year. I honestly can't make a prediction, but my god I would love to see a Cranbrook win. Looking forward to a great day of rugby.

Has to be said as well the young boy emulating Gus Gould has done a great job.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)

Have just come across this on YouTube. A great little promo for Saturday arvo at QP1. I have to say I am very excited for this one with both teams at as full strength as they'll get for the year. I honestly can't make a prediction, but my god I would love to see a Cranbrook win. Looking forward to a great day of rugby.

WOOOOW Eyes,

As a Waves dad and old boy, that just gave me goose bumps! IT WAS TERRIFIC!

Extremely creative filming it on enemy territory, including night time, and where the game will be.

I knew it before, as we have a large number of Cranbrook family friends, that this year Cranbrook truly believe they can win, and so they should.
(believe that is!).

Everyone on these schoolboy sites understands the passion of school boy footy, personally I believe it is the BEST footy you will ever see, AND the boys are playing with their best mates who they grew up with, and will be with forever, likewise with the boys they play against!

Good luck to both schools on Sat, and all other schools on their big day this sat, including the ISA and GPS, may all schools play their very best, and therefore may the better teams conquer the mountain, as aptly put by the Cranbrook commentator.

Final twist : May that NOT be at Death Valley... Go the Full strength Waves!!!

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)
WOOOOW Eyes,

As a Waves dad and old boy, that just gave me goose bumps! IT WAS TERRIFIC!

Extremely creative filming it on enemy territory, including night time, and where the game will be.

I knew it before, as we have a large number of Cranbrook family friends, that this year Cranbrook truly believe they can win, and so they should.
(believe that is!).

Everyone on these schoolboy sites understands the passion of school boy footy, personally I believe it is the BEST footy you will ever see, AND the boys are playing with their best mates who they grew up with, and will be with forever, likewise with the boys they play against!

Good luck to both schools on Sat, and all other schools on their big day this sat, including the ISA and GPS, may all schools play their very best, and therefore may the better teams conquer the mountain, as aptly put by the Cranbrook commentator.

Final twist : May that NOT be at Death Valley... Go the Full strength Waves!!!
100% agree. And to add it, both teams will be looking for revenge after last year’s result.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)

lol filmed on enemy territory ..gonna ruffle some feathers