• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Not really enemy territory just a public park :).
Johnny,

I have every reason to believe you are a school boy with such a degrading comment, I certainly hope I am right, if not, If you are a parent well I would relax because you should/but probably don't know that this year actually Cranbrook has a chance of beating the Waves (Maybe).
This occurs typically once in every 20 years.
Yes last year on a soaked Cranbrook junior school field Cranbrook drew when the Waves pretty much had it won but were stupid in the last 5 mins.
Good luck to both schools, hope they both play to the best of their ability!

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Predictions:

Knox - 40+
Barker - 35+
Cranbrook - 3+

Good luck to all teams for the start of the CAS season. Hopefully a thriller down at QP1.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A bit of fun for your Friday morning before Round 1 commences. I present - The CASISA Cup (Part 1). A not-too-serious look at how the CAS/ISA matchups went so far. Part 2 will come out at the end of the season and include the association games

A few notes -
1) The top team(s) is/are the one(s) with the greatest points average (not total points). This accounts for not every team playing each other, or the same amount of inter association games. You are trying to keep you points average at 3
2) 3 for a win, 2 for the draw and 1 for a loss
3) This system disadvantages Pius as they played two 2nd XV teams (and are not included in this table)
4) This table also disadvantages those who had a harder trial season by playing more fancied teams. Pats and Oakhill come to mind whilst Gregs and Kinross appear to be the beneficiaries.

CASISA Cup (Part 1)Played:Won:Lost:Drew:Total Points:Points Average:
Barker33093
Knox33093
Cranbrook541132.6
Gregs32172.3
Kinross32172.3
Waverley32172.3
Oakhill42282
Pius31251.6
Stannies31251.6
Trinity614191.5
Auggies41361.5
Aloys51471.4
Pats513171.4

Good luck to all CAS teams this weekend. I hope you do you schools and yourselves proud.

William McIlrath

Bob McCowan (2)

Just came across this on my youtube page. Wouldn't it be great to see a repeat of this for the CAS comp! Great brutal rugby was displayed by the boys in blue and gold.
It is sad to see what has happened to Aloysius in recent years, but boy do I remember them in 2015 our Knox side was cracking but Aloys gave us a bloody run for our money. From what I remember we scraped away with a conversion in the last few minutes.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)

Just came across this on my youtube page. Wouldn't it be great to see a repeat of this for the CAS comp! Great brutal rugby was displayed by the boys in blue and gold.
in fairness, this was when Barker were an average rugby school, before they started importing their 1stXV

notreleasing

Frank Row (1)
It is sad to see what has happened to Aloysius in recent years, but boy do I remember them in 2015 our Knox side was cracking but Aloys gave us a bloody run for our money. From what I remember we scraped away with a conversion in the last few minutes.
A very good read regarding that 2015 season with Aloys finishing 2nd. Also interesting was the 10 match season.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
A bit of fun for your Friday morning before Round 1 commences. I present - The CASISA Cup (Part 1). A not-too-serious look at how the CAS/ISA matchups went so far. Part 2 will come out at the end of the season and include the association games

A few notes -
1) The top team(s) is/are the one(s) with the greatest points average (not total points). This accounts for not every team playing each other, or the same amount of inter association games. You are trying to keep you points average at 3
2) 3 for a win, 2 for the draw and 1 for a loss
3) This system disadvantages Pius as they played two 2nd XV teams (and are not included in this table)
4) This table also disadvantages those who had a harder trial season by playing more fancied teams. Pats and Oakhill come to mind whilst Gregs and Kinross appear to be the beneficiaries.

CASISA Cup (Part 1)Played:Won:Lost:Drew:Total Points:Points Average:
Barker33093
Knox33093
Cranbrook541132.6
Gregs32172.3
Kinross32172.3
Waverley32172.3
Oakhill42282
Pius31251.6
Stannies31251.6
Trinity614191.5
Auggies41361.5
Aloys51471.4
Pats513171.4

Good luck to all CAS teams this weekend. I hope you do you schools and yourselves proud.

Incidentally, as I was putting this together it occurred to me how easy it would be to combine the two competitions without actually combining them. You could spend weeks 1 to 7 playing "Part 1" of the CASISA Cup and then weeks 8-10 and then Weeks 1-3 in Term 3 playing your regular association games. Playing a combined competition without actually having to seperate, promote, relegate or change anything about each association currently has.

Anyway - food for thought.

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
Johnny,

I have every reason to believe you are a school boy with such a degrading comment, I certainly hope I am right, if not, If you are a parent well I would relax because you should/but probably don't know that this year actually Cranbrook has a chance of beating the Waves (Maybe).
This occurs typically once in every 20 years.
Yes last year on a soaked Cranbrook junior school field Cranbrook drew when the Waves pretty much had it won but were stupid in the last 5 mins.
Good luck to both schools, hope they both play to the best of their ability!
Sorry mate, sadly for your sake i'm not a schoolboy. However, I do love ripping a joke at the expense of Waves as any old Cranbrookian would. But yes, I agree my joke was a bit far apologies, I will refrain from them. I agree with your statement about last year it was a great watch for everyone though, Cranbrook and Waverley getting down and dirty at Dangar. Tomorrow will be one for the ages, looking forward to a great match between these two talented sides.
Looking forward to a great weekend of CAS rugby!!

Reactions: 777

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry mate, sadly for your sake i'm not a schoolboy. However, I do love ripping a joke at the expense of Waves as any old Cranbrookian would. But yes, I agree my joke was a bit far apologies, I will refrain from them. I agree with your statement about last year it was a great watch for everyone though, Cranbrook and Waverley getting down and dirty at Dangar. Tomorrow will be one for the ages, looking forward to a great match between these two talented sides.
Looking forward to a great weekend of CAS rugby!!
Understand J,

Initially I didn't think that but you changed my mind!
Forget it, NOW about tomorrow, it is certainly has all the hallmarks of a beauty.

1. 1st CAS game.
2. Bright sunny day, so expansive footy you would think.
3. The local derby, and I have always said that Cranbrook seem to step up against the Waves, regardless of the particular team in any year.
4. Cranbrook are confident, so are the Waves!
5. Big crowd expected.

The other 2 games look a bit lop sided, and hopefully this will will be as well, Waves by 20! ;)

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
Understand J,

Forget it, NOW about tomorrow, it is certainly has all the hallmarks of a beauty.

1. 1st CAS game.
3. The local derby, and I have always said that Cranbrook seem to step up against the Waves, regardless of the particular team in any year.
5. Big crowd expected.

The other 2 games look a bit lop sided, and hopefully this will will be as well, Waves by 20! ;)
The underdog story drives Cranbrook to give it their all in this rivalry. I'm expecting some big performances from Girle (5) and Jackson (8) who's chomping at the bits to get back out on the field after being sidelined with a finger injury for a few weeks. Great day for footy, where else would you want to be on a Saturday arvo.

Brook by 5!!!

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Understand J,

1. 1st CAS game.
5. Big crowd expected.

Any chance you have a Waves team list WLF? Interested to see how they lineup.

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)
CFDCFEEE-FCC3-4931-9549-086B1BE20C9A.jpeg

Great to see a few CAS graduates in the junior Wallabies side. Best of luck to Hooper, Slack-Smith, and Morrison.