• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Afternoon skellet, from my perspective it looks like one of the bigger boys I think one of the second rows thought it was a good idea to let out some of his frustration on one of the alos boys. He must have thought it was a good idea considering the main referee wasn’t watching, poor bloke obviously forgot the linesmen was five metres away. Barker looking good but I think it would be better if they started playing with their heads rather than their emotions, as evident from this incident.
I did not see the incident.

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Belter of a game - so entertaining.
Cranbrook blew that game as they scored 3 tries down their left and never went back. Up 25-11 hey should've put that game to bed.
But it was a never say die attitude from Waverley and although they dropped alot of ball, they ate metres through the middle - Cranbrooks defence couldn't cope and in particular with the Waverley pick and drive.
I do think Ref was bit harsh in the end but I also think he was harsh on Waverley with some of the releasing ball calls.
In the end a great win.

----------------------------------

On another note, 13A's game I saw a horrific sight where a Cranbrook boy copped a major injury - from all reports it was a dislocated knee and a compound fracture of the tibia. The screams were horrific.
Just hope he has a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)
My thoughts from Queens Park:

Firstly, what a game - one of the better schoolboy games I’ve seen in my time. It was a perfect day for running rugby and that’s what we got from all the grades. Both schools had great crowds with both hills almost at capacity, as well as the far touchline filled with old boys.

The game started with a Waverley penalty goal to go up 3 - 0. Mackenzie (Cranbrook 6) then got the boys in white in front. Cranbrook when into half time with a 1 point lead and came into the second firing with two quick tries to Patterson (9) and Mackenzie (6). Waverley then hit back with two of their own close to the posts, making it easy for Turinui (10) to convert. Cranbrook were leading by 1 with not long to go when the referee started making some dodgy calls inside Cranbrook’s half. Waverley built phases in the 22 only to send the ball back to Sinclair-Harris who kicked a clutch field goal on the bell to give Waverley the lead and the break the Cranbrook hearts.

My standout players for Cranbrook - Patterson (9), Mackenzie (6), and Melvey (15), and for Waverley - Turinui (10), Pule (1), and Sinclair-Harris (12). A lot of talent on display this afternoon. Well done to Waverley in the end, but Cranbrook players should hold their heads high.

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
My thoughts from Queens Park:

Firstly, what a game - one of the better schoolboy games I’ve seen in my time. It was a perfect day for running rugby and that’s what we got from all the grades. Both schools had great crowds with both hills almost at capacity, as well as the far touchline filled with old boys.

The game started with a Waverley penalty goal to go up 3 - 0. Mackenzie (Cranbrook 6) then got the boys in white in front. Cranbrook when into half time with a 1 point lead and came into the second firing with two quick tries to Patterson (9) and Mackenzie (6). Waverley then hit back with two of their own close to the posts, making it easy for Turinui (10) to convert. Cranbrook were leading by 1 with not long to go when the referee started making some dodgy calls inside Cranbrook’s half. Waverley built phases in the 22 only to send the ball back to Sinclair-Harris who kicked a clutch field goal on the bell to give Waverley the lead and the break the Cranbrook hearts.

My standout players for Cranbrook - Patterson (9), Mackenzie (6), and Melvey (15), and for Waverley - Turinui (10), Pule (1), and Sinclair-Harris (12). A lot of talent on display this afternoon. Well done to Waverley in the end, but Cranbrook players should hold their heads high.
Can add to that list the number 7 for Waverley, Ollie Aboud and the number 3 for Cranbrook who was an absolute work horse.

FreeIzzy

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook lose on the bell to drop kick some rather peculiar calls towards the end I’m sure WLF would agree
As an eye witness, I can add that peculiar could be deemed as an understatement! And this is coming from a neutral spectator. Countless errors from the ref, that penalty at the end had confirmed it for me. At the end of the day Waverly won but that was quite an underwhelming victory if one could exist, considering Cranbrook seemed like they played the better game of rugby.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
As an eye witness, I can add that peculiar could be deemed as an understatement! And this is coming from a neutral spectator. Countless errors from the ref, that penalty at the end had confirmed it for me. At the end of the day Waverly won but that was quite an underwhelming victory if one could exist, considering Cranbrook seemed like they played the better game of rugby.
A neutral spectator that attended the game and thought to make a new account on green and gold to comment on schoolboy footy?

That’s weird.