• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Ft. Cranbrook v Waverley 25-28

Absolute heartbreak for Cranbrook. As a mutual fans perspective, I do think the ref helped Waverley get back into the game, not more could’ve been done for Cranbrook.

An exceptional game non the less, both teams were full of quality
Like the dubious Waverley yellow card that once issued Cranbrook scored two tries from?

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Seems to be a reoccurring theme with dodgy referees and Cranbrook..
If you thought ref was dubious, You should have seen the Cranbrook v Waverley game of 2022. Not only the worst field ever played on, but the ref carried Cranbrook to a draw.

Ah well even after the professionalisation of the Cranbrook rugby program over the last 3 years, they have not yet beaten one of the big 3 CAS teams. Despite throwing everything they can at it. Sometimes culture is too built in to change.

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a game by Waverley. That Waverley never say die attitude is alive and well.
The field goal by Sinclair Harris to win, the incredible performances by Aboud and Turinui.

Waverley the better team on the day and deserved winners.

Cranbrook would be disappointed. They have invested heavily in rugby, and only won 3 games from 15 in total Against Waverley today. And two of those were against lower ranked teams!

Well done to Waverley and all the staff and players. A great game of footy by the men in blue and gold.

Last edited:

dean young

Frank Row (1)
What a game by Waverley. That never say due attitude is alive and well.
The field goal by Sinclair Harris to win, the incredible performances by Aboud and Turinui.

Waverley the better team and the day and deserved winners.

Cranbrook would be disappointed. They have invested heavily in rugby, and only won 3 games from 15 in total Against Waverley today. And two of those were against lower ranked teams!

Well done to Waverley and all the staff and players. A great game of footy by the men in blue and

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
If you thought ref was dubious, You should have seen the Cranbrook v Waverley game of 2022. Not only the worst field ever played on, but the ref carried Cranbrook to a draw.

Ah well even after the professionalisation of the Cranbrook rugby program over the last 3 years, they have not yet beaten one of the big 3 CAS teams. Despite throwing everything they can at it. Sometimes culture is too built in to change.
And Cranbrook complain about Queens park.. what was the field that Waverley played them on last year? It was a swamp.

FreeIzzy

Frank Row (1)
A neutral spectator that attended the game and thought to make a new account on green and gold to comment on schoolboy footy?

That’s weird.
Firstly, Let off mate, this is a public forum so no need for the gatekeeping just because I’m new. Secondly, I was simply so fueled with anger from the refereeing corruption that I decided to create this account on my fully financed Mac Book Air to voice my disapproval of the refs performence.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Firstly, Let off mate, this is a public forum so no need for the gatekeeping just because I’m new. Secondly, I was simply so fueled with anger from the refereeing corruption that I decided to create this account on my fully financed Mac Book Air to voice my disapproval of the refs performence.
Yeah that’s weird and unlikely mate.

FootyFan

Bob McCowan (2)
refs are friends not food
1685785436988.jpeg

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
Good win for Cranbrook 2nd XV getting up 17-10 against "the best 2nd XV in the CAS". Cranbrook's 2's will look to win the comp again.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cranbrook loose on the bell…. Heartbreak for the Brookie. Celebrations to come for Waverley. Both teams showed lots of heart. Cranbrook up 25-11 should have sealed it. Waverley showed lots of heart to get back into the game, running hard through the middle, and pick and drives were their saviours. Cranbrook were unlucky to not have some calls go their way but I guess not much can be done. But a great game with lots of talent from many individuals. My standouts were:

Cranbrook: (3) Ah-Colt, a workhorse, was everywhere. (6) Mackenzie, (15) Melvey
Waverley: (7) Aboud, (10), (12).

Whilst I do think Cranbrook played out of their skin, and did what they could, Waverley were lucky to get into that position and win.

Congratulations Waverley.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah, all this talk from Brook fans during the week backfired.

Well done Waverley for an incredible win.
Hey mate, I like a good debate, but no need for the animosity between you and Jumping Jack. What's done is done. Cranbrook played well. Waverley played well. Congrats to Waverley on their win. Cranbrook were looking good, lets see what's the rest of the season holds.

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey mate, I like a good debate, but no need for the animosity between you and Jumping Jack. What's done is done. Cranbrook played well. Waverley played well. Congrats to Waverley on their win. Cranbrook were looking good, lets see what's the rest of the season holds.
Thanks mate. I agree.

If your worried about our chat, you should go back through and look at what the Cranbrook guys were saying during the week. Once you call them out, feel free to do the same to me.