• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Waves have a tough task this week having to back up after a massive game against a strong brook side, for their match against barker at barker. It’s the first time waves 1st XV have played at barker since 2019, should be a cracking match, with a big crowd. Can’t wait!
Should be a spectacular game.

Interesting tidbit, Waverley have only lost once in the last 10 years at Barker College. They lift for the big games against the boys in red at Barker. Will be a cracker.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Should be a spectacular game.

Interesting tidbit, Waverley have only lost once in the last 10 years at Barker College. They lift for the big games against the boys in red at Barker. Will be a cracker.
Waverly vs barker is my favourite game of the year, the physicality between the two sides is on a next level. Both teams lify and go out and belt each other

Greg.Kelly

Frank Row (1)
Waverly vs barker is my favourite game of the year, the physicality between the two sides is on a next level. Both teams lify and go out and belt each other
HB,

While I can't deny that waverly v barker will be a spectacle I feel it's definitely in contention with the Aloys v Trinity game at Trinity as despite their results they seem to be a strong matchup at the rear end of the comp. Despite the home ground advantage that Trinity will have I'm sure both sides will bring their A game to what's adding up to be a sight to behold with what I'm sure will be a large crowd.

Kell Out.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)

Despite this essentially the whole Waves team got invited to U16 CAS trials, twice as many as Brook. Knox is undefeated this year in the 16s (with probably the toughest pre-season draw) and still got a lot less than Waves as well.
However, looks like CAS will have a very strong u16 team this year no matter what.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Those Waverley 13A were incredible to watch. The strength, speed and passing on them you would think you were watching 15A. They were beating cranbrook 60-0 before half time before the incident happened. I have heard that they have beat every school they have played so far by 40+ points. Their kicker aswell hit all his conversion from all parts of the field. Definitely a team to keep and eye on in the next couple years
so what your saying is that the kids from Waverley have matured earlier than their peers and such are bigger, faster, stronger. So why dont we give it 3 years and see how dominate they are..... who actually cares about what happens in the 13-15's so much of the results are determined by the physical attributes of the kids and has little to do with their skill as a rugby player.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
so what your saying is that the kids from Waverley have matured earlier than their peers and such are bigger, faster, stronger. So why dont we give it 3 years and see how dominate they are..... who actually cares about what happens in the 13-15's so much of the results are determined by the physical attributes of the kids and has little to do with their skill as a rugby player.

What were this years Cranbrook firsts kids like when they were in year 7?

Last edited:

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Despite this essentially the whole Waves team got invited to U16 CAS trials, twice as many as Brook. Knox is undefeated this year in the 16s (with probably the toughest pre-season draw) and still got a lot less than Waves as well.
However, looks like CAS will have a very strong u16 team this year no matter what.
Only 4 of the Waverley boys invited played on the weekend in the 16a’s game. The rest are in firsts and seconds.

JohnEalesFanAccount

Frank Row (1)
With Cranbrook losing to Waverly on Saturday, I believe they are looking at a bottom 2 finish this CAS season, they can not be throwing games away like that to schools such as Aloys and Trinity which are looking to overwhelm them this year.
Stop trolling, Aloys and Trinity are the clear bottom 2 this year. Cranbrook will easily beat both sides.

JE.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
With Cranbrook losing to Waverly on Saturday, I believe they are looking at a bottom 2 finish this CAS season, they can not be throwing games away like that to schools such as Aloys and Trinity which are looking to overwhelm them this year.
Hahaha, This is meant to be a joke right?

Bill, if you were there at this game and I am sure WLF, Rugby League, and other members of this forum who were at the game can agree Cranbrook were the better team, with some unlucky decisions.

They will not be bottom two, most likely placing 4th.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Only 4 of the Waverley boys invited played on the weekend in the 16a’s game. The rest are in firsts and seconds.
Evidentially, They aren't that good, as the 2nds lost to Cranbrook, as did the 16as. In the 2s I believe Waverley 12 Tom Mckenna was nominated for CAS 16a trails. The Cranbrook 12 Fletcher Gill physically dominated their 12, I believe both are a year young.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Hey mate, I like a good debate, but no need for the animosity between you and Jumping Jack. What's done is done. Cranbrook played well. Waverley played well. Congrats to Waverley on their win. Cranbrook were looking good, lets see what's the rest of the season holds.
Your tune has changed from only a couple of days ago SC.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Evidentially, They aren't that good, as the 2nds lost to Cranbrook, as did the 16as. In the 2s I believe Waverley 12 Tom Mckenna was nominated for CAS 16a trails. The Cranbrook 12 Fletcher Gill physically dominated their 12, I believe both are a year young.
Agreed mate. That’s why Waverley play them up. Because they are bad footy players.

Especially the kids in the firsts that beat Cranbrook on the weekend.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Agreed. This is looking more likely. Some tough games against Aloys and Trinity coming up for Brook.

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hahaha, This is meant to be a joke right?

Bill, if you were there at this game and I am sure WLF, Rugby League, and other members of this forum who were at the game can agree Cranbrook were the better team, with some unlucky decisions.

They will not be bottom two, most likely placing 4th.
Definitely will not make the bottom 2.
They were the better team that just played some dumb rugby after they got out to the 26-11 lead.
After their 4th try, I really thought they were going to run away with the game.
Some very good players in that squad, and I know that this is a big call, but it will not surprise me if they cause an upset against either Barker or Knox.