• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Union on Top

Peter Burge (5)
Im pretty sure it's because Turinui was playing 15 for Waverley and they were losing to teams that Knox and Barker had beaten in the trials ( Oakhill Riverview ) and were pretty disjointed due to injuries . The success at Randwick at State and the return from injury of the big 8 had them as a potent 8 9 10 combination. And followed up with a good win over Barker. Well done. I found it strange that St Augustine's Joe Walsh wasn't the 10 although Cohesion is King at this level at this time. Just my thoughts.
Joe Walsh is in the Gen Blue 1sts team. That’s why he wasn’t selected

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Im pretty sure it's because Turinui was playing 15 for Waverley and they were losing to teams that Knox and Barker had beaten in the trials ( Oakhill Riverview ) and were pretty disjointed due to injuries . The success at Randwick at State and the return from injury of the big 8 had them as a potent 8 9 10 combination. And followed up with a good win over Barker. Well done. I found it strange that St Augustine's Joe Walsh wasn't the 10 although Cohesion is King at this level at this time. Just my thoughts.
Joe played Gen Blue 1's in Qld

CAS_Rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Except Turinui has played 6 of Waverley’s 8 games at 5/8. And they have won the last 5.

And the only reason he was at fullback was because of the huge injury list, an injury list the selectors were aware of.

And once Waverley were back to full strength they beat Augustines by a higher margin than Knox.

The selectors saw Waverley’s first two games when they were missing 9 or 10 genuine firsts starters and decided they weren’t going to pick them.

Last edited:

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
In other news, Cranbrook play Oakhill tommorow should be a tough hit out against a very strong Oakhill side and a good test before facing the likes of Barker and Knox.

Is anyone aware of other trial games being played or been played in the holidays?

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
In other news, Cranbrook play Oakhill tommorow should be a tough hit out against a very strong Oakhill side and a good test before facing the likes of Barker and Knox.

Is anyone aware of other trial games being played or been played in the holidays?
Correct me if I’m wrong anyone but I’m pretty sure barker are playing/have played augs, gordon and one of the GPS schools.

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Great win for Cranbrook today, dominated the first half ending 25 -7 but a strong comeback in the second half saw Oakhill take the lead at 25-28 however Cranbrook decided to switch on ending the fixture 37 - 28 to Cranbrook.

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great win for Cranbrook today, dominated the first half ending 25 -7 but a strong comeback in the second half saw Oakhill take the lead at 25-28 however Cranbrook decided to switch on ending the fixture 37 - 28 to Cranbrook.
The comp could still have a 3 or 4 way win. If Waves don’t knock over Knox, I really think barker could topple Knox.

Knox_to_win

Bob McCowan (2)
Wouldn't say clearly
Knox are stronger in some areas and Waverley in others
Hard to say who tips the scales
Looking forward to next Saturday and the build up
Knox better across the park by far. Hence more selections in rep teams.

Expecting a massive Knox scrum to take out the Waverley pack led by two of the best props in Australia. Followed by the wingers scoring at ease with their pace down the edges.

Knox to win by 20+

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
3F9B1165-3C1C-4A28-84F7-349BCACB1D3C.jpeg

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
My tips.
Waverly by 6
Trinity by 18
Cranbrook by 2.
Hopefully my tips put the mocka on Brook. Barker is a young side. Brook only lost by 2 points to Waverly . Brook should be favourites for this game given Waverly beat Barker by 12.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
My tips.
Waverly by 6
Trinity by 18
Cranbrook by 2.
Hopefully my tips put the mocka on Brook. Barker is a young side. Brook only lost by 2 points to Waverly . Brook should be favourites for this game given Waverly beat Barker by 12.
Cranbrook also lost to Trinity though... it seems as though the hype was not lived up to as people on this forum believed they would win CAS, they have a few promising players but they just couldn't gel together to get past Waverley and Trinity. Disappointing.

Knox by 7
Trinity by 10
Barker by 10

Knox_to_win

Bob McCowan (2)
Cranbrook also lost to Trinity though... it seems as though the hype was not lived up to as people on this forum believed they would win CAS, they have a few promising players but they just couldn't gel together to get past Waverley and Trinity. Disappointing.

Knox by 7
Trinity by 10
Barker by 10
Agreed.

Those prolific Cranbrook posters have died away after two big losses. I still feel they are in with a good chance against an under strength Barker.