• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Waratah Academy team

1Nathaniel Tiitii

2Lipina Ata

3William Goddard

4Aden Ekanayake

5Lachlan Doheny

6Jonathan Ryan

7Austin Durbidge

8Toby Brial

9Hwi Sharples

10Joe Walsh

11Brendan Palmer

12Boston Fakafanua

13Malakye Enasio

14Liam Grover

15Tom Klem

Waratahs II

1 Nick Ashdown

2 Bailey James Park

3 Kaleb Ah-Colt

4 Ned Ericsson

5 Adam Van Wyk

6 Samuel Niulala

7 Daniel Meafou

8 Beau Morrison

9 Orly Hatton-Ward

10 Wihan Kruger

11 Charlie Poynton

12 Tyrese Lokeni

13 Hamish MacDonald

14 Tom Watts

15 Sid Harvey

SUBSTITUTES

16 William Guilfoyle

17 William McKinnon

18 Edwin Langi

19 Jacob Veiru

20 Joe Dillon

21 Sam Blank

22 Marshall Le Maitre

23 TOM FARR-JONES

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As posted in the AAGPS forum CAS reps.

Waratah Academy​

3. Will Goddard - Knox - CAS 1
*4. Aden Ekanayake - Barker 2022 - CAS 2 2022 (Syd Jnrs 2023)
6. John Ryan - Knox - CAS 1
13. Malakye Enasio - Knox - CAS 1

Waratahs II
3. Kaleb Ah-Colt - Cranbrook - CAS 2
4. Ned Ericsson - Knox - CAS 1
5. Adam VanWyk - Barker - CAS 1
6. Sam Niulala - Trinity - CAS 2
8. Beau Morrison - Knox - CAS 1
9. Orly Hatten-Ward - Trinity - CAS 1
11. Charlie Poynton - Barker - CAS 1
13. Hamish McDonald - Barker - CAS 1

Substitutes

17. Will McKinnon - Knox - CAS 1

CAS_Rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
As posted in the AAGPS forum CAS reps.

Waratah Academy​

3. Will Goddard - Knox - CAS 1
*4. Aden Ekanayake - Barker 2022 - CAS 2 2022 (Syd Jnrs 2023)
6. John Ryan - Knox - CAS 1
13. Malakye Enasio - Knox - CAS 1

Waratahs II
3. Kaleb Ah-Colt - Cranbrook - CAS 2
4. Ned Ericsson - Knox - CAS 1
5. Adam VanWyk - Barker - CAS 1
6. Sam Niulala - Trinity - CAS 2
8. Beau Morrison - Knox - CAS 1
9. Orly Hatten-Ward - Trinity - CAS 1
11. Charlie Poynton - Barker - CAS 1
13. Hamish McDonald - Barker - CAS 1

Substitutes

17. Will McKinnon - Knox - CAS 1
Knox, Barker and Trinity looking like top 3 CAS teams with those numbers of reps. Well done to all selected.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Knox, Barker and Trinity looking like top 3 CAS teams with those numbers of reps. Well done to all selected.
Not sure about that prediction but congrats to all the boys selected, well done.

I think what it actually highlights, as previously stated by many, is the on-going weakness of the selection process.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Of CAS or Waratahs?
H, Probably both.

I think it's logical that if you don't pick the right ISA,GPS,CAS teams etc, which form the basis of any Waratahs side, then the resultant Waratahs side will be what it will be. BTW, I am not saying it is widely off the mark, but many have commented about certain selections, and I believe for solid reasons.

EG, As the CAS comp currently stands, Knox and Waves are on top, and the Waves defeated 2 strong sides yet didn't get even 1 in either of starting Waratahs sides. Maybe they are just a good team which is peaking at the right time, but with no representation at all is a real stretch.
This logic would apply to any team in this position.

Should the Waves beat Knox in the next game, then I think it's fair to say that they will win the CAS comp.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
H, Probably both.

I think it's logical that if you don't pick the right ISA,GPS,CAS teams etc, which form the basis of any Waratahs side, then the resultant Waratahs side will be what it will be. BTW, I am not saying it is widely off the mark, but many have commented about certain selections, and I believe for solid reasons.

EG, As the CAS comp currently stands, Knox and Waves are on top, and the Waves defeated 2 strong sides yet didn't get even 1 in either of starting Waratahs sides. Maybe they are just a good team which is peaking at the right time, but with no representation at all is a real stretch.
This logic would apply to any team in this position.

Should the Waves beat Knox in the next game, then I think it's fair to say that they will win the CAS comp.
You really think the school games have any bearing on Gen Blue selections? The Gen Blue teams would have been locked in well before the season started. All these rep teams are generally locked in well before the preceding games or tournament is held. We wouldnt want the pathways team at NSW Rugby to be shown up by actually selecting kids that deserve to be there while those ordained as a 13 year old and keep their place no matter who performs better than them.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
You really think the school games have any bearing on Gen Blue selections? The Gen Blue teams would have been locked in well before the season started. All these rep teams are generally locked in well before the preceding games or tournament is held. We wouldnt want the pathways team at NSW Rugby to be shown up by actually selecting kids that deserve to be there while those ordained as a 13 year old and keep their place no matter who performs better than them.
Sounds like you know more than me.
Assuming you are right, then it only reaffirms my view that the selection process is poor.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just watching the ASRU trial games at wanted to highlight the Barker 6 who was 20 for NSW Schools 1. I would think that Ruben would absolutely do a better job than him. Aswell as the Knox 6

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Was reported in the GPS thread that Barker has a holiday trial v Kings.

Any other CAS schools with games before the 22nd?

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
13 Patrick Broe looked very handy in that game. Unfortunate that the commentator couldn’t get the name of the #8 from Sydney correct. It’s Jacob John not John Jacob. Cracking player

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
i was very impressed with jonas dowling no 16 for NSW Schools 1 looked like he was told to target felix turinui in the game this arvo and did a magnificent job of smashing that weazel

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
someone please get rid of the school kids
Cyclopath 1.gif

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well done to the CAS boys for making Australian schoolboys.

Waverley:

Felix Turinui
Darcy Stanfield
Noah Tofoaeono

Knox

Max Roach

Trinity

Dane Mitchell

the fact that two of the Waverley boys had to be selected from the club rugby pathway (in front of their CAS counter parts) highlights the poor CAS selections yet again.

Last edited: