• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

OutsideSentHer13

Peter Burge (5)

thanks!

so 1VX predictions for this weekend?
Waverley v Riverview
Shore v Knox
Barker v Kinross
Cranbrook v St Pats
Aloys v Riverview (3rds?)
Trinity v St Pius
?

View vs. Waverley: Waverley by 30+

Shore vs. Knox: Shore by 3

Barker vs. Kinross: Barker by 5+

Cranbrook vs Pats: St Pats by 40+

Aloys vs. View: toss up

Trinity vs. Pius: Trinity by 5

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
thanks!

Waverley v Riverview
Shore v Knox
Barker v Kinross
Cranbrook v St Pats
Trinity v St Pius
?
Waverly at Death Valley are a 15 point better side. So Waves for me.
Shore at Knox will be close but Shore by 2.
Barker easily over KinRoss
Cranbrook at Pats
View over Aloys
Trinity over Pius

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
thanks!

Waverley v Riverview
Shore v Knox
Barker v Kinross
Cranbrook v St Pats
Trinity v St Pius
?
Waverley to beat Riverview by 5+
Shore to beat Knox by 12+
Barker to beat Kinross by 12+
Cranbrook to beat St Pats by 5+
Riverview 3rds to beat Aloys by 2+
St Pius to beat Trinity by 5+

Soupnasty

Bob McCowan (2)
Waverley to beat Riverview by 5+
Shore to beat Knox by 12+
Barker to beat Kinross by 12+
Cranbrook to beat St Pats by 5+
Riverview 3rds to beat Aloys by 2+
St Pius to beat Trinity by 5+
Waverly by 7
Knox by 5
Kinross by 3 (could go either way)
Pats by 12
Aloys by 5
Trinity by 5

It's so hard to tell after the last round, but I think we will all have much more clarity after this weekend's round.

The Lock

Frank Row (1)
thanks!

Waverley v Riverview
Shore v Knox
Barker v Kinross
Cranbrook v St Pats
Trinity v St Pius
?
Waves by 10
Shore by 15
Barker by 10
Pats by 10
View by 5
Trinity by 5

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
Worrying signs for rugby enrollment at Knox. Five 16s teams, four 15s, three 14s and only two 13s. Compare that to 8 soccer teams in year 7. Yeech
Only 2 Knox teams are playing U14s this weekend v Shore. Their 14As opted out of the match-up and Trinity stepped in. Someone said (I think on the GPS thread) that Knox was the best placed school to compete in the GPS comp, but with numbers like this, I think only Waverley would be able to match up team number-wise against schools like Joeys, Riverview, Shore, Scots and Kings.

Attachments

• 11 May 2024 v KGS.xlsx.jpeg
    11 May 2024 v KGS.xlsx.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127

Forwardpack101

Frank Row (1)
Friday night at Wollahra should be a very good game this week. Pats V Cranbrook, anybody got team lists from this or last week for either team. Or predicted line ups? Anyone going to be there

UpnUnder

Chris McKivat (8)
Only 2 Knox teams are playing U14s this weekend v Shore. Their 14As opted out of the match-up and Trinity stepped in. Someone said (I think on the GPS thread) that Knox was the best placed school to compete in the GPS comp, but with numbers like this, I think only Waverley would be able to match up team number-wise against schools like Joeys, Riverview, Shore, Scots and Kings.
Knox have 350 + boys in year 7 and field 2 under 13 teams. There is no way they could be included in the GPS.

JohnnyOhns

Banned
thanks!

Waverley v Riverview
Shore v Knox
Barker v Kinross
Cranbrook v St Pats
Trinity v St Pius
?
Waverley 15+
Knox by 5
Pats by 40, Woods and Conti should rip through them
View by a few
Trinity should walk over pius

JO

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
They would win the ping pong and chess though.
Happy to be corrected if wrong, but my understanding is that E-Games is a co-curricular option also. 2 junior Year groups (U13, 14) of +350 boys with only 10% playing rugby. Add Demographic shifts and a new age dawns at Knox.

Mule

Banned
Happy to be corrected if wrong, but my understanding is that E-Games is a co-curricular option also. 2 junior Year groups (U13, 14) of +350 boys with only 10% playing rugby. Add Demographic shifts and a new age dawns at Knox.
Very disappointing and a huge range of outside influences: rugby lack of success and visibility leading to low numbers in minis and beyond (so kids arriving in Yr 7 aren’t engaged in any way), less actual numbers of traditional rugby leaning cultural background kids (demographic change), but the big one IMHO is too many choices with parents heavily leaning to non contact sports (of which they believe [incorrectly] that soccer is safer)…. Sad

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Place is a business first and foremost now.
Not sure about that. Friends with kids there are happy, it does well academically and at most other sports and the kids seem to love it. Just sad that rugby is dying. Agree too many choices. If that’s true about E sports being an option that’s ridiculous.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Definitely a sharp fall off at Knox.
How many AFL teams?

Presumably also the case at the Jnr/Prep school with no numbers coming through.

But not a surprise and suspect this will gradually impact all schools.
Wallabies just don't get the interest they once did, and putting Super Rugby behind an obscure paywall certainly hasn't helped.

Rugby really needs the Lions tour (next year) and World cup (2027) to generate some public interest.