• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Patrick Murphy

Bob McCowan (2)
I've heard good news from the aloys change rooms. The 2nd XV are feeling confident this week after the accomplished "Old Mate" as the A boys call him has been promoted into the seconds. Fire up for footy this week. Get out to oxford falls.
Who is the Old Mate? Position so we can watch his 'greatness' would be greatly appreciated.

moa999

Bill Watson (15)
Knox 2nds with a forward dominant 20 or 22 to 5 win.

Oakhill up in the 1sts 14- 0 with two running tries outside after Knox turnovers. Pretty dour match in the forwards with lots of not releasing turnovers on both sides.

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
1sts Auggies 26 Waverley 24
2nds Auggies 26 Waverley 7
3rds Auggies 35 Waverley 5
16As Auggies 34 Waverley 14
15As Auggies 32 Waverley 0
14As Waverley 17 Auggies 15
13As Waverley 19 Auggies 17

I watched a number of games today - whoever is looking over the rugby program at St Augustine's is doing a stellar job. I saw alot of fine, technical work in the ruck and some excellent jackal work.
Apart from 13's, 14's and 1sts which was a last minute try and conversion by Auggies to win it, Waverley were absolutely schooled today.
It is a waste seeing Auggies compete at ISA.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
And Oakhill 35- 12 over Knox. Knox forward pack probably slightly better, but struggled every time they spread the ball outside.

Impressive crowd at Oakhill at gala day and the sausage and egg sangas were a treat.
Best BBQ by a fair margin!
Pity its Waverley vs Oakhill at Death Valley next week

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)

I watched a number of games today - whoever is looking over the rugby program at St Augustine's is doing a stellar job. I saw alot of fine, technical work in the ruck and some excellent jackal work.
Apart from 13's, 14's and 1sts which was a last minute try and conversion by Auggies to win it, Waverley were absolutely schooled today.
Very impressive program

Backintheolddays

Darby Loudon (17)

Always been impressed with Augs junior program, along with Oakhill, Waverley and Joeys the best in NSW for 13s and 14s.
I wouldn’t disparage ISA though, they’ve given CAS a good workout this weekend.
Talent pool in each of the competitions is stretched, ISA does well to stay competitive in the Opens once the recruiters start browsing

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
And Oakhill 35- 12 over Knox. Knox forward pack probably slightly better, but struggled every time they spread the ball outside.

Impressive crowd at Oakhill at gala day and the sausage and egg sangas were a treat.
Knox were poor. I thought they might be building to something after a solid performance against shore and easy win last week, but their backs were outclassed against a good Oakhill side. The forwards look solid but unless they can find some cohesion in the backline it will be a disappointing centennial year.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Waverley were absolutely schooled today.

That’s a brutal take.

Waves won 10 lost 11. Only lost the 1sts by a try in the last play and a kick from the corner.

And it’s the first time the 1sts have been beaten by Auggies in 10 years.

So they have been doing something right. One day off does make a weak whole school program.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
That’s a brutal take.

Waves won 10 lost 11. Only lost the 1sts by a try in the last play and a kick from the corner.

And it’s the first time the 1sts have been beaten by Auggies in 10 years.

So they have been doing something right. One day off does make a weak whole school program.
Can I ask that next time you want to quote me, please include the rest of my post.

I never said Waverley had a weak program, in actual fact, I think that the program is great.

1sts had a few players coming back and they will be better for the run. I still think 1sts will win CAS.

Yes, 1sts lost in the last minute, but 13As and 14As won both their games in the last minute. These are the 3 teams I made exception to from the scores I posted.

I am not going to sugar coat it, Waves didn't win a game in Opens or 16's and 15A's lost as well. That's disappointing but in no way a disaster.

10 wins, 12 losses and 1 draw - I am sure a few others also had higher expectations.

Opens = 0 wins & 5 losses
16’s = 0 wins & 3 losses
15’s = B's, C's, D's & E's won & A's lost
14s = all 5 teams won
13s = A's won, B's drew & next 3 teams lost

I was there for most of the day and saw alot of games.

I will call it as it is. It may be brutal but hopefully it serves as a wake up call as Oakhill are going to be just as difficult next week.

FYI... I went to Waverley. 2 of my son's go to and play rugby for Waverley. I bleed blue & Gold.

Last edited: