• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Patrick Murphy

Frank Row (1)
Is aloys looking threatening at all? Regardless or not of certain performances they've historically not really been in the mix. I must say that in the games of Opens and 16As footy I reffed last year there was very little to be impressed with. Are there new players or is this just more schoolboy stupidity.
Look, Aloys has been historically a weaker side; and it is too early to tell whether Aloys will be threatening at all, there is a chance they are, chance they aren't. Obviously I may be biased. Up the Blue and Gold!

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not sure if accurate or not but can anyone confirm if Barker 1st/2nd XV squad are touring and playing against Anglican Church Grammar School (Churchie) in Brisbane during the current school holidays? Cheers
Confirmed ….. Churchie will be playing Barker next weekend, 20th April down at Bond University, Gold Coast in two games (1st XV and a combined 2nd XV / 16A’s).

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Confirmed ….. Churchie will be playing Barker next weekend, 20th April down at Bond University, Gold Coast in two games (1st XV and a combined 2nd XV / 16A’s).
Being a old boy of both schools, (Churchie from '75 to '77 and Barker from '78 to '80, this is the first time these schools have played each other. I am torn. I expect the match to be tight but with the mighty Reds prevailing in the 1sts.

Bob McCowan (2)
Shore 19 Waves 0

Credit to Shore they are a well drilled team with a big forward pack and a solid backline. Both their locks, the number 7, as well as the 12 were standouts. Shore dominated both the scrum and line out.

Waves were OK. First game of the season and it showed. I was told that they were missing a few players - the hooker, both locks, as well as a centre. Presume they must be on Rooster's duty.

Does anyone have a team list? I noticed that the 1, 4, and 5 for Waves looked really young, I presume they might be year 10 boys.

A Load Of Flankers

Frank Row (1)
Waverley 1st XV

Waverley had a good hit out today, the first for the year. Shore were on top of their game and executed well. Waverley having some younger forwards and are slightly inexperienced, it showed today. Everyone didn't play to the best of their ability. Which is normal for the first hit out of the year. All players did their job well. 6, 8, and 10, were outstanding to watch.

Waverley 2nd XV

Played outstandingly good the first half, was very vocal, and the defence was immaculate. Were able to execute perfectly in the 1st half with 12 and 1 going over the line. 2nd was sloppy they looked like their 10 wasn't guiding them around the park like he was in the first half. 12 was strong with the ball, 8 was aggressive in defence, 4 needed to lower their body height when running, 9 was very good in comms. Overall a good game to watch.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
with apologies for providing information instead of abject drivel, I gather that this was the Trinity starting XV against St Patrick's:

1 Marcus Mastro
2 Max Meagher (c)
3 Cameron Van der Goot
4 Sione Lua
5 Noah Herden
6 Hugo Van Hal
7 Ben Keogh
8 Amosia Soatini
9 William Trostel
10 Logan Toohey
11 Matt Nasr
12 Charles Williams
13 Zeke Edmed
14 Brock Prideaux
15 Ashton Fraser

Being a old boy of both schools, (Churchie from '75 to '77 and Barker from '78 to '80, this is the first time these schools have played each other. I am torn. I expect the match to be tight but with the mighty Reds prevailing in the 1sts.
Hi Rod, this is in fact incorrect. I can attest to playing Churchie in 2000 on our Qld tour in 16as (Win) 2xv (Loss) and 1xv (draw) that year....

OutsideSentHer13

Bob McCowan (2)
with apologies for providing information instead of abject drivel, I gather that this was the Trinity starting XV against St Patrick's:

1 Marcus Mastro
2 Max Meagher (c)
3 Cameron Van der Goot
4 Sione Lua
5 Noah Herden
6 Hugo Van Hal
7 Ben Keogh
8 Amosia Soatini
9 William Trostel
10 Logan Toohey
11 Matt Nasr
12 Charles Williams
13 Zeke Edmed
14 Brock Prideaux
15 Ashton Fraser
Thank you snort. Nice to have some actual information on this forum. Seems too rare with the schoolboy invasion.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)

1 Marcus Mastro
2 Max Meagher (c)
3 Cameron Van der Goot
4 Sione Lua
5 Noah Herden
6 Hugo Van Hal
7 Ben Keogh
8 Amosia Soatini
9 William Trostel
10 Logan Toohey
11 Matt Nasr
12 Charles Williams
13 Zeke Edmed
14 Brock Prideaux
15 Ashton Fraser
Thoughts on that Trinity side (I don't know them all). Great front row. Having Meagher back is a huge plus, and Mastro was really strong last year. Soatini can be a handful, too. There's a bit of experience in the backs: Fraser impressed last year, when he played centre, and Edmed and Nasr also had their moments. If (and it's always a big if), Trinity keeps its best XV fit, they look capable of knocking off Cranbrook and St Aloysius and giving Barker a scare. I don't know the halves at all, and possibly they don't have a key playmaker there (to fill the role played by Hatton-Ward and Hannaford in recent years).

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hi Rod, this is in fact incorrect. I can attest to playing Churchie in 2000 on our Qld tour in 16as (Win) 2xv (Loss) and 1xv (draw) that year....
Thank you for the correction. Two great rugby schools and based on your history this will be a close game. Having Barker play both Churchie and Nudgee, certainly adds some starch to their pre CAS round games.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Hi moa999 - any idea where that game is being played?
Not sure. Had been mentioned in the GPS thread, though a post the other day suggests Kings might now also be involved.