• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Knox_to_win

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting to see on the AGPS page from the Waverley photo, it looks like their 3 best forwards didn’t play. Are they out for the season?

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
Cranbrook vs St Pats Report

Cranbrook played an exceptional game in the second half. In the first half I thought Pats were the suprior team as Cranbrook lacked physicality and weren't able to close down Woods. The first half Cranbrook weren't able to realise they were a much bigger and physical team, which lead to there downfall as Pats used there backs to get through and around Cranbrook. Towards the second half Cranbrook worked out they had a much larger pack and ran through the Pats forwards to gain metres, some Cranbrook forwards who stood out to me were the two props James Jackson and Cruz Cronan were vital in making metres as they ran the ball well. The number 8 Cam Mackenzie, played a great running game. The number 4 and number 7 from Cranbrook team Gabe Sukkar and Luke Steel had a defensive masterclass, as both players made the most tackle and were at most rucks. Now the backs of Cranbrook, I thought Riley Keen (15) was very good in shutting down Alex Conti (10-St Pats) and Mitch Woods (15-St Pats) kicking game as he out kicked them, and also led to a error (knock on) from Mitch Woods, in order to lead to Cranbrooks winning try. The Number 9 from Cranbrook (Tom Marchant) was also very good as he was able to control the game well, and get a crucial try saving tackle and pilfer in the final minutes. Now from St Pats, I thought Mitch Woods (15) was their man of the match as he was able to run through Cranbrook with his evasive and deceptive playing style, he scored two tries which were orchestrated by him, one of the best schoolboy fullbacks I have seen in quite a while. Alex Conti (10) whilst shut down well by Cranbrook, was still noticiable with his great control of the Pats team in the first half and his kicking game. Finally from Pats, the number 13 was a great player, with his classy footwork he was able to confuse the Cranbrook defense gaining good metres.

Will be exciting to see the outcome of both Cranbrook v Auggies and St Pats v Knox which should be close games for both teams.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Cranbrook vs St Pats Report

Cranbrook played an exceptional game in the second half. In the first half I thought Pats were the suprior team as Cranbrook lacked physicality and weren't able to close down Woods. The first half Cranbrook weren't able to realise they were a much bigger and physical team, which lead to there downfall as Pats used there backs to get through and around Cranbrook. Towards the second half Cranbrook worked out they had a much larger pack and ran through the Pats forwards to gain metres, some Cranbrook forwards who stood out to me were the two props James Jackson and Cruz Cronan were vital in making metres as they ran the ball well. The number 8 Cam Mackenzie, played a great running game. The number 4 and number 7 from Cranbrook team Gabe Sukkar and Luke Steel had a defensive masterclass, as both players made the most tackle and were at most rucks. Now the backs of Cranbrook, I thought Riley Keen (15) was very good in shutting down Alex Conti (10-St Pats) and Mitch Woods (15-St Pats) kicking game as he out kicked them, and also led to a error (knock on) from Mitch Woods, in order to lead to Cranbrooks winning try. The Number 9 from Cranbrook (Tom Marchant) was also very good as he was able to control the game well, and get a crucial try saving tackle and pilfer in the final minutes. Now from St Pats, I thought Mitch Woods (15) was their man of the match as he was able to run through Cranbrook with his evasive and deceptive playing style, he scored two tries which were orchestrated by him, one of the best schoolboy fullbacks I have seen in quite a while. Alex Conti (10) whilst shut down well by Cranbrook, was still noticiable with his great control of the Pats team in the first half and his kicking game. Finally from Pats, the number 13 was a great player, with his classy footwork he was able to confuse the Cranbrook defense gaining good metres.

Will be exciting to see the outcome of both Cranbrook v Auggies and St Pats v Knox which should be close games for both teams.
Wow what a war and peace!

From what I have read and the results so far, you would have to think that Auggies and Knox will win both of these games by plenty.

JohnnyOhns

Banned

From what I have read and the results so far, you would have to think that Auggies and Knox will win both of these games by plenty.
I think it really depends on how well Cranbrook and Pat's turn up. A lot of people are ignoring the quality of Cranbrook, they are a strong team. Whereas Pats, you can never write off a team that has 2 of the best players in the country playing. I agree with Scrumhead here, these games will be closer than a lot think. Having reffed a lot of Cranbrook games, I have noticed the exceptional defensive qualities they have across all age groups, as well as attacking flair which was seen on Friday night. Looking forward to a great weekend of rugby.

Regards,

JO

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)

You would think this yes, but anything can happen. Cranbrook beat St Pats with a few injuries. Goes to shows Cranbrook with a full team will come back even stronger. Knox should beat Pats, but again with Woods and Conti anything can happen. You would think Auggies would have the advantage over Cranbrook, but with the right mentality and least amount of errors, anyone can win.

Any word on Waverley V Riverview? Heard waves 2 played exceptional, proved he can play 1's all year. Not to mention the 9, 13 and 10. Couple of touch injuries for View, hard week ahead against Shore. Thoughts and prayers for the maintenance group, the field was destroyed!

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
You would think this yes, but anything can happen. Cranbrook beat St Pats with a few injuries. Goes to shows Cranbrook with a full team will come back even stronger. Knox should beat Pats, but again with Woods and Conti anything can happen. You would think Auggies would have the advantage over Cranbrook, but with the right mentality and least amount of errors, anyone can win.

Anything can happen but if I was a betting man I'd take Auggies by 40+

Kind Regards,
Arthur

JohnnyOhns

Banned
Anything can happen but if I was a betting man I'd take Auggies by 40+

Kind Regards,
Arthur
As someone who's reffed a lot of Cranbrook Rugby, I though you out of all people would realise the sheer talent and quality of this outfit. Which was present on Friday last week. I think 40 is overkill for this fixture, especially at 1st XV level, it will be more like 10 or 15.

Regards,

JO

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anyone have any updates on the 2s competition? I watched Cranbrook on Friday, to my understanding they are undefeated as of yet... Could Cranbrook go back-to-back-to-back?