• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
There are many individuals looking to make it into the CAS team, but the season is very long. We never know who will perform, but this is a draft that the CAS selectors put up during the offseason.

Well if your talking about players reputation then the draft team should definitely be swapped up. The 3 players I mentioned have all played a very high level of rugby and are consistent performers In the CAS every year. With Kennedy playing in the 16 a's last year and Linfield, Oreilly captaining Waverley and playing with state champs winning side easts, and Pollack having played for the outstanding lindifield and gordon he would also fit in to the team nicely having played along side some of the other backs from gordon.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well if your talking about players reputation then the draft team should definitely be swapped up. The 3 players I mentioned have all played a very high level of rugby and are consistent performers In the CAS every year. With Kennedy playing in the 16 a's last year and Linfield, Oreilly captaining Waverley and playing with state champs winning side easts, and Pollack having played for the outstanding lindifield and gordon he would also fit in to the team nicely having played along side some of the other backs from gordon.

The boys that replaced them are all bigger, faster and stronger

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)

As I said earlier, this is just a draft team, picked over the offseason. Some of these players have gone through the junior rugby league ranks and have played at stadiums such as Pirtek and Brookvale. Hayden Biet and Alex Veivers have both represented their junior rugby league clubs and have pushed hard during the offseason to make it onto this draft. This is the first year that the pair will play together on a rugby union field. The skills that they possess in league will adapt to their different playing styles when they step on the union field for the first time.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
who the three barker boys? if they were that great surely they would have more of a reputation than they currently have. Also barker didn't do so great last year, I agree with cameron and pollard to be in the side but not the other ones, just not enough experience and skill. Plus none of those three you mentioned are known for their size or speed....

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
As I said earlier, this is just a draft team, picked over the offseason. Some of these players have gone through the junior rugby league ranks and have played at stadiums such as Pirtek and Brookvale. Hayden Biet and Alex Veivers have both represented their junior rugby league clubs and have pushed hard during the offseason to make it onto this draft. This is the first year that the pair will play together on a rugby union field. The skills that they possess in league will adapt to their different playing styles when they step on the union field for the first time.

Ok Hayden bit might be good at league but still not sure about veivers, and this is union we don't need more league players. way to many barker players in your draft side!

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
who the three barker boys? if they were that great surely they would have more of a reputation than they currently have. Also barker didn't do so great last year, I agree with cameron and pollard to be in the side but not the other ones, just not enough experience and skill. Plus none of those three you mentioned are known for their size or speed..

There reputation hasn't been heard of, due to them being borders from the country. They played the highest level of junior league possible

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
who the three barker boys? if they were that great surely they would have more of a reputation than they currently have. Also barker didn't do so great last year, I agree with cameron and pollard to be in the side but not the other ones, just not enough experience and skill. Plus none of those three you mentioned are known for their size or speed..

you seem to be very Gordon/east bias there are other players that are twice as good as the boys you mentioned

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)

As said on my most recent reply, the new three players have adapted their skills from league to union. They have all trained hard and have gained at least an extra 7kg during the offseason. They don't have a reputation, so far, but they definitely will when the season commences.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well hopefully they can perform up to this huge rep you have given them. And the only reason I am favouring more towards gordon and easts is because they are clearly the two standout teams in the nsw competition. I'm sure Kennedy, Oreilly and pollack have all worked hard over the summer as well...

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
CAS 16s Predicted Team:

1. Enrique Grobler
2. Josh Turner
3. Alex Rice
4. Jordan Cameron
5. Alex Veivers
6. Connor Molloy
7. Billy Pollard
8. Dane Wilson/ Jaymesson Lerimia/ Tom Gratwicke
9. Charlie Williams/ Tas Smith
10. Hilton Ovenden
11. Harrison Layton
12. Hayden Biet/ Sam Rechner
13. Kyle Galloway
14. Peter North/ Ben Lloyd
15. Lucas Vass
It appears we don't have any Aloys contributors to this thread, otherwise they would rightly be asking the question of how no players from their premiership winning team of 2016 has been selected in the above team. If this was (and I very much doubt), compiled by a CAS coaching panel, they need their heads read.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
It appears we don't have any Aloys contributors to this thread, otherwise they would rightly be asking the question of how no players from their premiership winning team of 2016 has been selected in the above team. If this was (and I very much doubt), compiled by a CAS coaching panel, they need their heads read.

The only good player from aloys is Charlie Weber. Solid at fullback and has wheels. Have a feeling he could be the dark horse in the CAS 16s team.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)

Hahahaha I agree, ben pollack and Spencer spalding from aloys have definitely proved themselves last year lets hope they can do the same this year. The other guy that was speaking obviously has no idea about this age group "CAS Coach" obviously not a coach

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
Hahahaha I agree, ben pollack and Spencer spalding from aloys have definitely proved themselves last year lets hope they can do the same this year. The other guy that was speaking obviously has no idea about this age group "CAS Coach" obviously not a coach

During the offseason, Spencer Spalding and Ben Pollack have seemed to focus on their cricket more than going to the gym and trying to improve their skills. By the way, if anyone doubts my reputation towards the CAS coaching panel they will be blocked from this group and will not be available for selection.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)

actually CAS coach is a coach this year and bagging him out defiantly won't get you added to the squad

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
The new predicted was team including the alloys players
1.Enrique Grobbler. (K)
2.Sean kennedy. (K)
3.Hugo haymen/alex rice (C). (W)
4.Jordan cameron (B)
5.Alex oreilly (C)
6. Conor Molloy (W)
7. Billy pollard (B)
8. Jaymesson/ tom g (T) (K)
9. Tas smith (C)
10. ben pollack (A)
11. Harrison Layton (T)
12. Sam Rechner (k)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)
14. Charlie webber (A)
15 Spencer Spalding (A)

I love Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
The new predicted was team including the alloys players
1.Enrique Grobbler. (K)
2.Sean kennedy. (K)
3.Hugo haymen/alex rice (C). (W)
4.Jordan cameron (B)
5.Alex oreilly (C)
6. Conor Molloy (W)
7. Billy pollard (B)
8. Jaymesson/ tom g (T) (K)
9. Tas smith (C)
10. ben pollack (A)
11. Harrison Layton (T)
12. Sam Rechner (k)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)
14. Charlie webber (A)
15 Spencer Spalding (A)

I think Charlie Weber is a dark horse, although he came off the bench for a strong CAS team he has great ball skills and has put on solid size for his wing position

Status
Not open for further replies.