• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
Is it true a couple of league clubs have already offered him youth contracts for when the 2018 holden cup arrives, or is that just rumours i have heard from other parents?

I've heard the likes from the Bulldogs and the Roosters but those can be general rumours, he can easily be called up to the first grade squad like Kalyn Ponga.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've heard the likes from the Bulldogs and the Roosters but those can be general rumours, he can easily be called up to the first grade squad like Kalyn Ponga.

Yes i have heard he is a certain first grader in the future and clubs are already jumping in on him. But it will take at least a few years before they can jump him into that level of footy.

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes i have heard he is a certain first grader in the future and clubs are already jumping in on him. But it will take at least a few years before they can jump him into that level of footy.

He looks fit and strong enough to battle against the best but I believe giving him time in the 16's will make him improve so he can slowly build his way up to the top.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
The halfback Position Has been surrounded with controversy. These are my two contenders Charlie Williams and Tas smith.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
On the weekend, I observed the Barker 16a's game vs Stannies. From what i saw, even though it was their first hit out, that Hilton Ovenden's kicking game was terrible. Charlie Williams was delivering great balls to him in the pocket, however he was not able to find touch on multiple occasions. These errors from Hilton allowed Stannies to get go forward and get their outside backs in space, and these are not good signs for Barker. This was worsened more with his goal kicking with his percentage being 0. The only kicking that was successful was off Charlie Williams' box kicks. Hilton Ovenden's 5/8 position is in major jeopardy especially if Hayden Biet ops to play there.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ethan Bourne Played well in the Back row but my son tells me Ethan is opting to play 9 this year. Contender for the 9 jersey ?

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
Sources have said that Hayden Biet may be running into the first game with a knee injury. Scans have shown that there is some damage to the ACL region. May someone please confirm if this is true?

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
Sources have said that Hayden Biet may be running into the first game with a knee injury. Scans have shown that there is some damage to the ACL region. May someone please confirm if this is true?

I believe these claims are false as my son has told me differ, Hayden has had a strong pre-season and I believe he will be one of the best in the Barker 16a's alongside Kyle Galloway and Charlie Williams.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
As I've stated before the only option in my opinion for captain is Charlie Williams. He talks on the field, leads by example and has all the traits of a great skipper much like Will Genia or George Gregan.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Someone that I feel will have a great season this year is Lucas Vass. Lucas has worked really hard in the off season and he had a great game against St Stanislaus on the weekend. The highlight for me was when he beat at least 2 defenders with his solid right hand palm, and then out gassed their wing and fullback to score in the corner. Unfortunately Hilton Ovenden missed the kick but great try. Lucas is very quick, and has very safe hands at fullback. Also very dominate right arm palm when he carries the ball. Lucas is a very big contender for the CAS no. 15 jersey this year.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
John Krieger is a possible no. 10,15 and 14 in the CAS starting team. He is actually guaranteed a spot due to his size he ways in at 102kgs and 6ft. He is a monster.

Footymate12, are you sure these facts are true? and what school does he attend?

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
I took a photo of Hayden against Stannies. A beautiful show and go here, as he is terrorising the Stannies defence. He pierced right through the gap and popped a ball to a supporting attacker. This play here lead to a try for Barker. Whenever Hayden touched the ball something brilliant happened. He will be one of the foundations of the barker 16 a's and CAS 16s this year.
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.08.17 AM.png

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
All this talk about Charlie Weber, however we are forgetting Corey Grace, who was a formidable presence in the Aloys lineup. He's put in incredible work in the gym during the offseason, and has improved on his already incredible tackling. He also out paces weber, and has much better vision than anyone else gunning for the CAS spot for wing.

How big is this young lad?

Status
Not open for further replies.