• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ch9 RWC coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Only problem I've found there is that there is a slight delay and mismatch between the two mediums. Not ideal

yeah, can happen.

was watching the SA AUS game at a mates place through foxtel on teh xbox. It was running about 10 seconds behind ch9. Must be all the compressing and crap to get the pics down the phone line.

Biggest prob with that was we would be watching a scrum feed or lineout or something, and suddenly all round the suburb we could hear people screaming and yelling. They were 10secs ahead of us! So we'd sit there in sheer suspense waiting to see what happened. It sucked.

P

pete88

That happened to me watching the soccer world cup final last year. We heard people go nuts just down the street as the ball went in to the Dutch penalty area and knew what was coming.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

I just love this topic 'cause Miranda Kerr looks so dam fabulous in Wallaby Gold. Cheers for the pic 'nugget'.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
For all you knockers, eat humble pie! C9 are playing the matches this weekend 2 hours before kick-off, so we will know the final score before it starts :)

Go to ninemsn, TV guide, this sunday RWC SF2 at 5.30pm, Sixty Minutes 7.40pm

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/sun/

Are they really this stupid??????????????????

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
For all you knockers, eat humble pie! C9 are playing the matches this weekend 2 hours before kick-off, so we will know the final score before it starts :)

Go to ninemsn, TV guide, this sunday RWC SF2 at 5.30pm, Sixty Minutes 7.40pm

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/sun/

Are they really this stupid??????????????????

Based on their RWC programming in general, the lunatics are running the asylum at Nine. Some other TV guides list the telecast finishing at 8:40pm. As the actual game starts at 7pm AEDST (9pm in NZ), it will be a struggle to finish by then. What happens if there is extra time? It wouldn't be beyond Nine to cut to their scheduled programming just like they do with the cricket. :-\

Hopefully, as RWC 2015 is in England, there won't be the same programming issues affecting RWC 2011. But Nine will no doubt find a way to screw it up.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Based on their RWC programming in general, the lunatics are running the asylum at Nine. Some other TV guides list the telecast finishing at 8:40pm. As the actual game starts at 7pm AEDST (9pm in NZ), it will be a struggle to finish by then. What happens if there is extra time? It wouldn't be beyond Nine to cut to their scheduled programming just like they do with the cricket. :-\

Hopefully, as RWC 2015 is in England, there won't be the same programming issues affecting RWC 2011. But Nine will no doubt find a way to screw it up.

Just saw a promo, one of those bigger than ben hurr carry ons AND mentioning the league. 3.30 Loigue and 6.30pm for the rugby, kudos if they knock off 60minutes of lies but so they fucking should and I still hate them.

P

pete88

Watched SF1 on 9 and it was actually... ok... Although I was on the phone for most of the punditry, the commentary wasn't too bad, thought the main Kiwi bloke was passable.

But we got some other fuckhead for tomorrow's game don't we? :(

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I thought the ray hadley commenting the sf thing was a bad gagr joke, i really did! Then they bring him on at the end of game tonight, and he hasn't called a game since 1991 or something... It is mind boggling, utterly mind boggling.

Just bought a new big arse tv this week to watch the finals on, tonight watched the game on GEM in HD and the pics were mindblowing; the commentry was good too. But tomorrow night I will go to a mates to watch on foxtel so as not to listen to that %@!$ stick.

Wonder who they'll get to call the final? Alan Jones (edit: no what am i thinking, he actually knows a bit about the game, they'd never use him)?

oh and ITS here's one for you:

Miranda_Kerr_Family_Rugby2_300X400.jpg

good to see the baby's made allegiances already, and legolas knows what side his bread is buttered on too

P

pete88

Holy shit don't jinx it, they will bring in Jones just you wait. In fairness, probably better qualified.

Wish I had mates in town who liked rugby and had Fox :(

P

pete88

HOLY SHIT one thing I will say is the Wallabies were brilliant in comparison to the commentary...

Since when is possibly the best winger in the world "the wing three-quarter"? How many times did that moron have to check the team sheets? I actually began to find it funny towards the end, it was SO SO BAD it was funny.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
HOLY SHIT one thing I will say is the Wallabies were brilliant in comparison to the commentary...

Since when is possibly the best winger in the world "the wing three-quarter"? How many times did that moron have to check the team sheets? I actually began to find it funny towards the end, it was SO SO BAD it was funny.

We call them wing three quarters!

Hate to go against the flow. I actually thought he was good

P

pete88

I'm not criticising the use of wing-three quarters, just the fact the commentator didn't know who Digby Ioane was. Or just about anyone in the All Black team. And commentated like we couldn't actually see or think for ourselves. It seriously was like automated video game commentary.

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
I actually thought he was alright as well. With limited knowledge of the sport he was good. And crescendoed at the right times when the game started to break out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That commentary was one of the worst things I've ever heard. Ray Hadley commentated like he was commentating a league game on radio. None of the commentators knew the players and referred to their number, followed by a pause to look up the team sheet and then said their name. Several names were horribly wrong. Mee-la-moo???

The Male Model from Mudgee should fuck off back to Mudgee. He was horrendous.

K

KB Lager

Channel 9 really showed their true colours tonight.

Suffocating the entire world cup during the pool stages, in order to protect their coveted baby (NRL Finals). Then the horrendous coverage, then finally tonight, the second the full time whistle was blown, they cut straight to Underbelly. No wrap up. No captains interviews. Nada.

I mean seriously. Talk about dropping the coverage (and any thin veneer they cobbled together that may have suggested they are behind our national side) dead. Gregan, Slacky & Nobody must have been given an early Mark from any post match debriefing, I'll bet they were spewin'. No doubt those 9 execs just couldn't wait to ram home their new drama to the millions of dejected Wallaby fans already vulnerable in front of their TVs. Assholes.

The ARU needs to give the broadcast of these events (and Trinations) to a free to air channel that will actually promote the code. Taking the highest $$$ bidder with no further consideration as to what they do with the actual coverage is so short sighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.