• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ch9 RWC coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
ya. not to mention the fact they are slowly starting to get more and more of all australian sports.
AFL is pretty much a foxtel sport.
who wants to watch the games on 1.5 hour delays.....

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Please don't express your displeasure only on this website. Write to Channel Nine, the IRB, the ARU, the newspapers, the ACMA, Free TV Australia, etc.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
FWIW I think I've worked out a way to listen to ABC and watch Nine video, without a TV that has pause live TV (like my Sony), though I doubt anyone has a setup like me;

Video;
Setup Overview: TV that can play networked media (upnp/dlna). A pc with a dvb tuner and software to record and share the media out. I'm using Ubuntu with me-tv, to record and twonky media server to share the recording.
Config: In me-tv set the directory to record to, and add this directory to what twonky shares.
Steps: On the pc start recording the rugga and go to twonky->config->Maintenance->Rescan Content Directories (twonky normally doesn't share out recordings till they are finished, so it needs to be prompted). On the TV play the recording which should be able to paused, fast forwarded ... to sync with the audio.

Audio;
Phone with TuneIn app installed, play grandstand, plug in to some speakers

In reference to the forum rules I have nothing to do with twonky (~$20 but has an evaluation period that would go past the end of the RWC) or TuneIn ($1 or free)

Oh and if it works, I'll post something in the commentary thread comparing "real radio commentary" to RH's TV/Radio/shite ...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Lest people think that only Rugby was afflicted with Channel Nine, this year's Tour Down Under is getting the Nine treatment too. Highlights at 11:30 pm! When will sports organisations learn that Nine are only interested in League and Cricket and regard the rest of sport as something to be buried on late night so they don't compete.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Lest people think that only Rugby was afflicted with Channel Nine, this year's Tour Down Under is getting the Nine treatment too. Highlights at 11:30 pm! When will sports organisations learn that Nine are only interested in League and Cricket and regard the rest of sport as something to be buried on late night so they don't compete.

i think the thing is, nine have overpayed for this tour so they will be supported when they make a play for the tour de france rights later in the year. nothing spells success like money. the general public isnt interested in this tour but france is succesful.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Channel 9 are f***ing useless. They should stop buying TV rights to sports they;

1) Don't understand &
2) Have absolutely no interest in showing in a decent time slot.

This is just insane. If they get The Tour rights, it will be the worst cycling coverage in the history of TV. They will probably only show the last 30km's of each stage, and go to ad breaks in the last 1000m just for the money.

Oh well... If anyone wants live updates from the TDU, cyclingnews are pretty good: http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
AUSTRALIA, ARE YOU READY!!!

for)

- Terrible commentary
- Mispronunciation of foreign names
- Worthless half time opinions from people with nothing to do with the sport
- Complete ignorance of even the most basic rules
- An endless list of NRL metaphors in an attempt to explain this game to the common man.
- Non-stop stereotypical & borderline racist remarks
- Andrew Johns as a sideline commentator

Welcome to channel 9's live coverage of the 2014 soccerball world cup, find out who's winning the 2nd half after this 75 minute ad break.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I couldn't have taken it if Ch9 had poached the tour. I was in rage about the RWC, but at least I could watch Foxtel or turn down the volume if the commentating got to much. The tour, on the otherhand, is all about the commentating. Ch9 would butcher on such a cataclysmic level.

T

TOCC

I dont know about the Tour De France, SBS are unlikely to let their highest rating program go easy after Top Gear was also poached by Ch9..

Some are arguing that poaching the Tour Down Under was just a means to sell packages related to cycling in the lead up to the Olympic Games..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
i know channel 9 is trying to get it, so that contract may have some terms in it. i know the aus tour was purchased and the new Aus team helped by 9 with a view to this happening. interesting times ahead for bike fans

Considering SBS have the exclusive live FTA rights until 2017, I don't see how 9 could get involved?

I think TOCC is closer to the truth.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Considering SBS have the exclusive live FTA rights until 2017, I don't see how 9 could get involved?

I think TOCC is closer to the truth.

There are many many ways they can get the rights. Also why I'm not debating TOCC at all, that may well be a reason. They are going to try for the tour. I can tell you there is a lot of planning for a few different sports that don't normally get tv time they are planning to get behind including one loved by this website. There is a feeling there that the other networks are going to conspire to take the NrL rights off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.