• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheating Saffa Bastard World Champions vs Ye Olde Alun Wyn Jones Singalong Club Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that's a call isn't it? 14 changes is an awful lot, but we would assume coach has a reason.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think it says they are trying out the squad before the Rugby Championship, both for injury cover and for choosing starters.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
IMG_20220710_022546.jpg
i don't wanna have to rely on Argentina ffs!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was a pretty ordinary game I thought, except if you a Welsh supporter you would be rightly bloody happy!!

Especially after AWJ got that ridulous YC, what the Gus was thinking has me beat!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was a pretty ordinary game I thought, except if you a Welsh supporter you would be rightly bloody happy!!

Especially after AWJ got that ridulous YC, what the Gus was thinking has me beat!
He thought he had hands in the ruck. He didn't - but that's clearly what he thought.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He thought he had hands in the ruck. He didn't - but that's clearly what he thought.
Understand that Derpus, it sends wrong message to me, I am of the school of thought that I can understand a ref missing thing, but a worried when they think (or imagine) an affence is all, they should maybe rule on what they see and not imagine. There were no hands anywahere near it to 'thin it was AWJ's or whoever's hands. I was probably more disappointed that TMO (who didn't mind cutting in) didn't perhaps say , might pay to have a look.
I just think we getting enough YCs etc without giving them for no reason.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Or maybe it's 4D chess.

One-and-a-half World Cups, but still...
I've also read that a lot of it was to show the Saffa public who is and who isn't up to it - and also to give a few players a chance to rule themselves out of contention, if that makes sense.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Can anyone explain the slap out of the hand in the ruck at about 52 min?
The Welsh player is miles offside in the ruck but is allowed to slap the ball or play the half back. Isn't he offside? Should be behind last feet to be able to play the ball or the player.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can anyone explain the slap out of the hand in the ruck at about 52 min?
The Welsh player is miles offside in the ruck but is allowed to slap the ball or play the half back. Isn't he offside? Should be behind last feet to be able to play the ball or the player.
Yes, I thought it was wrong too but apparently, since the ball is picked up, the ruck is over and therefore the player is onside. I think it's bullshit, he still needs to come from behind last feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.