• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs v Waratahs, round 17, Sunday 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That was a costly loss against the Lions last weekend. As the table stands now the Stormers are on 43 points with 10 wins compared to the Tahs 42 and 9. Even if the Tahs defeat the Cheetahs with a bonus point and the Stormers scrape home against the Lions the Stormers will still be ahead of the Tahs on the table as wins will then count. So, the Tahs have to aim at two bonus points wins coming home or else face a trip across the Indian Ocean to Cape Town in the second week of the finals. Presuming of course they win their elimination final against the Ponies..... :cool:

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
As with the Brumbies Force game the player taking the ball in the air is passing it back to form the maul before he is on the ground. Therefore creating an obstruction.

Tahs struggling to win a set piece. Shows how big a loss Latu and Skelton, especially Latu has been, compounding the absence of TPN.

G

galumay

Watching on dodgy internet in Turkey, but happy with what i can see - other than foley putting the boots on the wrong foot!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, not exactly championship rugby, but if we get away with it, I'll take it. If we can keep hold of the ball, we should, but if it comes down to defending mauls and scrums, I'm not confident. The breakdown is a melee, as usual, with Glenn Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.