• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs v Waratahs, round 17, Sunday 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That first try he scored is exactly why I want him at 13. He can beat anyone on the outside with his step and go.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Dunno if you and I were watching the same game, Gnostic, but I find it difficult to rate Porecki for his three minute involvement. He threw the ball to one lineout, which we won, but conceded a Tahs' feed to the 79th minute scrum leading to the Cheetahs' final try. It was his only scrum. Let's give him a bit more time on the paddock before we mark him.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Tahs' maul defence needs work

Pictured: work

art_skelton_20140518170218309216-620x349.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Did the bloke who put on the trip receive a trip to the SANZAR judiciary? Still don't know how it wasn't a red card.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What's the thoughts on AACs try? Was he held. I thought so. A tackle is completed when the tackled is holding the attacker and the attacker has one knee on the ground. He was clearly being held and the tackle was Completed

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
What's the thoughts on AACs try? Was he held. I thought so. A tackle is completed when the tackled is holding the attacker and the attacker has one knee on the ground. He was clearly being held and the tackle was Completed
Yeah, maybe it should have probably been disallowed. But the referee and TMO had a clear view of it and allowed it, so I'm deferring to their judgement, since it favoured my team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, maybe it should have probably been disallowed. But the referee and TMO had a clear view of it and allowed it, so I'm deferring to their judgement, since it favoured my team.
So variably reffed. I saw in one of the other matches a player tackled, still being held who got up and started running again. Ref just let play go on. I was sure AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s would be disallowed.

Reactions: SDR

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Watching the game now - Rayno Benjamin is a prick - Tahs scrum penalised and he runs in, getting in peoples' faces while he pats his front row on the back.

If I was one of the Cheetahs' props, I'd be telling him to fuck off back out where he belongs.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Watching the game now - Rayno Benjamin is a prick - Tahs scrum penalised and he runs in, getting in peoples' faces while he pats his front row on the back.

If I was one of the Cheetahs' props, I'd be telling him to fuck off back out where he belongs.
Fair call. You no doubt get equally frustrated with Nick Phipps who does the same thing every week? Not to mention Phipps' repeated calling of "sir! ...sir! ...sir!" at every ruck/maul which actually drowns out the ref's voice at times in the ref mic.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck yes. Backs in general annoy me. But at least when Phipps chose to trip someone up, he did it legally.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah there's no defence for tripping and Benjamin deserves every bit of criticism he gets for that brain snap.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've commented before if Phipps wasn't a Tah I would fucking hate him. He does get very annoying.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hell of a snap I must say - it just never seems to happen.

EDIT: tripping people, I mean.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I've commented before if Phipps wasn't a Tah I would fucking hate him. He does get very annoying.

He's not as bad as Nic White IMO. White often pauses what he is doing to complain to the ref, slowing down the Brumbies ruck clearance. Shits me to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.