• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
The cheetahs midfield defense was pretty poor last week. I can see cross scoring a hattrick and fans being consigned to seeing him in the 13 jersey for the rest of the season as he fails to repeat the effort

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm hoping that TPN is rested for this game so that his knee has an opportunity to heal some more. As much as his physicality would come in handy if the 'tahs can play an up-tempo game (easier said than done as their opponents have a tendency to go down quicker and more often than a cheap whore) they should account for the Cheetahs with a bonus point for 4 tries. Atonement should be the catchcry for the 'tahs this week after so many went MIA last start.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Good news that on both counts.

Even if TPN is 100% fit Fitz should start in this game as part of spreading the load. So why not do it against some team with a horrible record? If the Tahs lose I will say it sounded like a good idea at the time, and it is.

Ditto with Turner getting a run at 13. It is all very well to do it for Eastwood but can he do it defensively at the Super level (I don't worry about his attack). Again, it will be a good idea at the time.

Afa had one chance for the Tahs against the Crusaders and he took it well. Let's see how he can start a game.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I think with the extended season, the horrible idea of rotation should come up. Being a home game against perennial cellar dwellers is as good a time as any. Rest the Fro, the Tahs and Wobs need him healthy. Give some bench players some game time, just make sure there is sufficient back up on the bench if something goes wrong.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe Fitz is on the outer? Or maybe they're just looking for a different style of play.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/polotanau-waugh-out-for-waratahs-20110315-1bv52.html

Taf and Waugh out, Mumm as captain. Interesting second last paragraph, "John Ulugia is the leading contender for Polota-Nau's hooking spot, while Pat McCutcheon is favoured to come in for Waugh as the openside flanker."

Whats up with Fitzpatrick? Wouldn't he be leading contender with Ulugia coming onto bench?

Probably mean on the bench since it's obvious Fitzpatrick starts.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Maybe Hickey thinks it's a big Saffa pack, so wants someone bigger and older to start?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Topo, you usually have good inside information, so now I am really worried!!! If they do it I would expect Fitzpatrick to walk at the end of the season.

For those at the Junior Tahs vs Brumby Runners last Saturday. it would have been noted that both Halangahu satarted the game(& was very ordinary) and Fitzpatrick came on as a replacement( & didn't do much!).
By way of contrast Michael Hooper(yes I know-different position) came on in 2nd hald and made a big impact on game.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
It would be a scrummaging selection. Ulugia has had two poor games throwing to the lineout for the Junior Tahs this year and hasn't done a lot around the park. No doubt he is the harder man in the contact area though.

The Tahs scrums were awful when Fitz replaced TPN; so you can't blame the selectors.

Let's see how it goes.

PS Chosen - agree about Hooper when he came on for the Runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.