• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Rebels Rd 9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rebels coming off two decent games in a row, Chiefs returning from two draws in South Africa. Can't remember the last time a team had two draws in a row.

Predictions, the extra day and not travelling far should help the Rebels keep this one tight.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm assuming they stayed over in NZ. Couldn't see why you would come home.

Very interested to see how everyone pulled up after the match. Dunno if Bryce has to sit this week out or if he's available. Would would you select at 10 (please no one say gus). Any other significant injuries that we picked up? Aside from some claret on the side of Shota's head, didn't see anything bad.

Do we know if Sean got cited for that rodeo move he did on smith?

If we only do one thing differently this match, and only if we have to do this, can we PLEASE KICK THE BLOODY BALL OUT TO TOUCH INSTEAD OF GIVING IT BACK TO THE FULLBACK! We've got those pockets of good kicking/running in harmony, but then it seems like we have these brain farts and completely muff the momentum we build.

The running stuff was quite to watch. Nic's runs were good and he did well against the incumbent AB half-back. Still some work to do at the breakdown, but will come with more game time. Dunno what sort of lottery to expect at the Scrum, but don'think we need to make any positional changes.

I think @kevino is on to something; the travel factor will probably come into it, but the Chiefs are a very professional outfit and the would have planned for this. For out I'll remain quietly optimistic and hope for an upset.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Anscombe is nowhere near the level of Cruden. He stands much deeper and cannot control the game nearly as well. I think they lose a lot.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Last season's match against the Chiefs was a cracker!

My tipping form has been utterly shite so far so i'll refrain from giving my opinion. Concussion protocols suggest that Bryce will sit this one out, leaving Gus to run at 10. Who else is there? Woodward has the razzle dazzle but i'm not sure how he goes creating and distributing - particularly in unbroken play.

Good news for us on Cruden sitting out. He's genuinely dangerous.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Indian Ocean thing was that no NZ or Aus team had won in South Africa and no South African team had won in NZ or Australia.

On the weekend, both the Crusaders and Waratahs won which changed that.

As Qwerty said, teams have won at home after returning across the Indian Ocean such as the Reds above and the Blues who won their first home game back from South Africa.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Reds beat the Stormers traversing the Indian Ocean.
The Indian Ocean thing was that no NZ or Aus team had won in South Africa and no South African team had won in NZ or Australia.

On the weekend, both the Crusaders and Waratahs won which changed that.

As Qwerty said, teams have won at home after returning across the Indian Ocean such as the Reds above and the Blues who won their first home game back from South Africa.
i dont think anyone has won first up have they? the "tahs and "saders had already been in SA for a week

D

daz

I'm on a plane to France tomorrow for a couple of weeks, and I'll be watching the game while having lunch with Morgan Turinui from a pub in Paris.

No real reason for telling you that, apart from the obvious gloating.

:p

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm on a plane to France tomorrow for a couple of weeks, and I'll be watching the game while having lunch with Morgan Turinui from a pub in Paris.

No real reason for telling you that, apart from the obvious gloating.

:p

You really have a thing for big centres don't you daz?

Will Mitch be jealous that you're two timing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.