• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs. Rebels - 2011R03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It has been a mistake-a-thon. Rebels backline hasn't really clicked. Rebels scrum hammered again but they manage to rescue the ball.

Masaga scores a second. Should've bought him and not Sivi damnit.

38 - 10 kick to come.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Final score 38 to 10. Rebels comfortably beaten.

Still think that MacQueen is about 10 years in the past.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lachie Mitchell is a horrible defender. Not up to Super Rugby standard.

Tom Chamberlain must start next week.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Some real problems with ball security for the Rebels. I know it was a wet track, but geez they just couldn't hang onto it to save their lives. Other than that they seem to lack direction in the backs, as Ash wrote above. Just seems disorganised, make it up as you go along sort of stuff.

B

Bradley

Rebels very patchy. Poor handling marred the game due to the wet conditions. Umaga and Masaga best for Chiefs while I thought Chamberlain and Phipps were our best. Critical scrum late in the day in Chiefs red zone with our put in but the Chiefs drove us off the ball. Opportunity lost due to poor concentration.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I like Lachie Mitchell, obviously green and making a few mistakes, but he's certainly not the first to be shown up by Lelia. To Lachie's credit, he did catch him..

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
It was only a matter of time before the Chiefs started to score tries. The effort by Masaga was a beauty!

The problem that I see for the Rebels is that the just don't get enough pill during games and spend too much of it tackling. That's got to be exhausting.

How good has Gerard been these last two weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.