• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs. Rebels - 2011R03

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Can't believe that the Chiefs are 0 from 2 with that backline. I'm predicting they'll score a few points this weekend.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
The Rebels B team, Rebel Rising, have 5 games scheduled this year according to the Rebels website, of which they have played two already, against Brumby Runners and Aust Barbarians. Not sure what or when the other matches are.

Apologies for taking off topic, but just wanted to close out answering Paarl's question. Amazing what a comment on the facebook page can shake loose. The Rebels have updated their fixture list for the Rebel Rising team. Playing a Sydney Rugby Union side on 11/3 before the Sharks game, what I assume is a Force B team before the Hurricanes game on 25/3 and against a team cryptically known as 'Force (members)' before we play the Force in Perth on 2/4. http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/Community/Fixtures.aspx

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
If the Rebels are going to have any chance, the backrow have to match their efforts from last week. And Gerrard needs to kick the ball out. A long, long way out. Sivi running at Mitchell is a scary thought.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
late mail is that Kev O'Neill is out, Al Cambell to start and Hugh Pyle onto the bench.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Al Campbell has improved the lineout every time he's come on, probably been our best lock actually. Wish they'd give Luke Jones a shot off the bench though. Starting to get well excited for this now!

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Great work Saffy from the kickoff giving Mils a nice legal hit. How much is Gerrards kicking worth?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rain should bring that Chiefs backline back to the Rebels. Already been pretty scrappy in places.

The Duck ain't great, but as long as he racks up points for my fantasy team I don't care.

Mils going off so early isn't good for the Chiefs either, but the feeling has been that the Rebels have been a little outclassed in the first half.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels have been really scrappy this game. Their lineout has been very poor too.

Unsurprising that they score off some sloppy play but it makes the scoreline better reflect the game. Delve deserves that try as he has been one of the more consistent and better Rebels players.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sivi makes yet another mistake. Chiefs play has been very clumsy.

If the Rebels don't score again they will blow too many chances to win most games.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Weeks is on, but Rebels scrum gets hit hard. They had the ascendancy with Somerville at TH. Weeks has struggled this year. His move to the Rebels so far looks like a bad one. I think he might be dropped soon for Rodzilla on the bench.

Kingi comes on and yet another lost lineout throw for the Rebels.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sivi goes one metro short and a prop drives over from a metre out. They should've let Sivi score damnit.

In the lead up play the Chiefs forwards easily counter ruck he Rebels off the ball. Woeful play from Rebels forwards.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Jeez I hate the iPhone auto correct. Rebels blow yet another opportunity in the Chiefs red zone.

Weeks' general play is good around the park. His scrummaging has been awful this year. Weeks penalised at scrum time yet again.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Rebels' backline is just hopeless...

The managed to beat the Brumbies with decent defence, smarter kicking and capitalising on their mistakes, while somehow having an inferior set piece and an even less penetrative backline...

Unfortunately for the Rebels they're not going to win a lot of games that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.