• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Clan v Force 13/05/22 at Forsyth Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't think they hardly ever on purpose, I actually said straight away it was red. Direct head to head and Hunt wasn't dipping, opposite in fact.
I strongly dislike it, but ref is right.
My issue is that they use discretion when it suits them - witness several NZ games earlier in the season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I not sure why the Force needed explaining the rules for the scrum before it pretty straight forward!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
This is the highlanders biggest ever win. I’ll grant the Farce a little leeway with the ridiculous red on Kahui (2 tries since), but overall they have been awful

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
My issue is that they use discretion when it suits them - witness several NZ games earlier in the season.
I haven't seen a head on head like that ruled different. Look I dislike law, but it's how they reffing it always!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Force were poor, this is the team Brumbies gave a real touch up too a couple of weeks ago!
Not sure what's happened out west this year.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Force were poor, this is the team Brumbies gave a real touch up too a couple of weeks ago!
Not sure what's happened out west this year.
Look the quality just isn’t there. Normally I admire the spirit that they play with. The passion they played with early on in the year was something I was envious as an outsider

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Man force got unlucky in the first half

First try Callan had a clear turnover that wasn't awarded. Not releasing

Second try mataele pushed in the back in the lead up when trying to gather the ball

force player clearly tackled in the air and no advantage almost led to Highlanders 5th try.

Pasatoa gets his kick chased down Then shoulderd way off the ball, then high tackled. And no penalty ?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I haven't seen a head on head like that ruled different. Look I dislike law, but it's how they reffing it always!
Yep , just a rule that lacks insight to how it happens under match conditions and in real time. If a defender was tackling with their head as per NFL or Nate Miles for those of you who have watched a bit of State of Origin, then they deserve a red card.

The idea of an accidental head contact being a red card is just a bit too much. Rugby is a contact sport , you sign up knowing that , occasionally someone contacts the area above your shoulders. If it’s intentional or careless there should be a sanction , if it’s just an unfortunate collision it should be shelved as part of plying a contact sport. Players know what they are they are up for, they all are happy to lead with their upper body/head to score a try off a pick and drive from 1 metre out , that’s rugby ……

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Look the quality just isn’t there. Normally I admire the spirit that they play with. The passion they played with early on in the year was something I was envious as an outsider
Why I was shouting on here last year how they had become my favourite Aussie team!!!
I should of just shut up!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep , just a rule that lacks insight to how it happens under match conditions and in real time. If a defender was tackling with their head as per NFL or Nate Miles for those of you who have watched a bit of State of Origin, then they deserve a red card.

The idea of an accidental head contact being a red card is just a bit too much. Rugby is a contact sport , you sign up knowing that , occasionally someone contacts the area above your shoulders. If it’s intentional or careless there should be a sanction , if it’s just an unfortunate collision it should be shelved as part of plying a contact sport. Players know what they are they are up for, they all are happy to lead with their upper body/head to score a try off a pick and drive from 1 metre out , that’s rugby ……
Mate you talking to the converted, I really dislike it!!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force were shocking. Missing a couple of key players and just have no depth to deal with this it. Okeef was pretty bad as well but the force didn't have enough ball to win many penalties. I have a habit of calling refs out but it had no input on the result obviously.

It's a shame because after last week I was looking forward to seeing kuenzle and Callan in action. They have been improving a lot.

The tackle on Godwin was a red card imo. They didn't even see a problem with it. The replay showed above horizontal and straight on his head

card on kaituu? He dips and the Highlanders player literally ducks his head into kaituu's shoulder. But as its being reffed I can see it I guess

Red on kahui just go away. Insane.

You can't defend that poorly and win games.
It genuinely looks like a side who just are not there. They have checked out. The way the defence is I'm begging to think Samoa will destroy the force.

A lot of ppl won't see it but kuenzle is the force beat attacking weapon of late and losing him was the end of any threat.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I saw several earlier in the season in the NZ games and I really appreciated how it was handled (basically, no intent, accidental, penalty). I think it was Williams refereeing, perhaps he was hauled over the coals for not carding?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Ref was shocking. Not as bad as the force though.
Hey shiggins, next time the Rebels get flogged. Please remember that none of us came in and dug in. After last week we could all be hear digging in with embarrassing comments etc.

No more, I get you hate us. You have every reason to. But time to move on with your negative crap in our match treads. Or I'll come and fight back in your treads cause I'm over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.