• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Clan v Waratahs 22/05/22 at Forsyth Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The top 10:
1) Paddy Ryan is still a problem
2) Our defence is good enough to have confidence in a midfield bomb
3) The Highlanders are not their best selves, particularly with those missing players
4) The red card was entirely justified*
5) I take this opportunity to revise point 1 to "Idiot" - charging into rucks, at pace, from distance, is the danger zone, and not in a Topgun kind of way
6) Nawaqanitawase has matured in a way you'd like Wright to at the Ponies.
7) Hooper is a star
8) Gamble might just be his equal
9) The Clan were well disrupted
10) The Blues won't be that generous next week

*If that was a red card under the old-soon-to-be-new-again Laws, the Tahs probably get to 50. Will Gilbert get more than 4 weeks? Doubt it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It will be a messy night if this rain doesn't go away.

Forecast says showers, but besides tomorrow the "Chance Of Rain" (blue line below) drops away a fair bit:

1653212668815.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Momentum - they nearly lost it against the Ponies. They won't be farting around next weekend.
Resting players is far more important than momentum. There's a reason most comps give the top 2 teams a week off and then they generally go well the following week.

Alex Ross (28)
Resting players is far more important than momentum. There's a reason most comps give the top 2 teams a week off and then they generally go well the following week.
I agree. I think the Blues will rest a few. But I also think the Tahs will bet it all on the Brumbies and rest some also.
I would prefer they didn’t, but it’d be smart if they chalk up the Blues game as one you don’t want key players hurt in.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The top 10:
1) Paddy Ryan is still a problem
2) Our defence is good enough to have confidence in a midfield bomb
3) The Highlanders are not their best selves, particularly with those missing players
4) The red card was entirely justified*
5) I take this opportunity to revise point 1 to "Idiot" - charging into rucks, at pace, from distance, is the danger zone, and not in a Topgun kind of way
6) Nawaqanitawase has matured in a way you'd like Wright to at the Ponies.
7) Hooper is a star
8) Gamble might just be his equal
9) The Clan were well disrupted
10) The Blues won't be that generous next week

*If that was a red card under the old-soon-to-be-new-again Laws, the Tahs probably get to 50. Will Gilbert get more than 4 weeks? Doubt it.
Mark will play in the ‘27 World Cup, his line breaking ability is special and he’s a weapon under the high ball.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I saw it, apart from the fact he cried , I didn't get much out of it. I just thought Hooper (and Wheeler/Chainsaw Laney) spoke well with interesting things to say, and was asked sensible questions and answered them as such.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Junior players have been able to access free GA tickets for years, but it's a good idea to keep promoting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.