• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Manly with Natoli, Hodge, Foketi and Northam in the backline should be able to score a few points. They have also got several other returning 1sts players.
As I said a month ago a lazy hundy says Manly Colts at least to the GF this year........

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Readers of this blog will be interested to know that Parramatta comfortably fielded three Colts teams at Rat Park yesterday and came away with two wins and a draw.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
That is a great effort from the Team at Parramatta, and rewards the good off season work by Club officials and volunteers.
Indeed it is - is the top 4 too much to hope for ? On the other hand fear for the Rats this year too many local colts walking away or finding their way to other clubs and not just the Marlins it seems. As has been said on SS thread Sam Harris a huge loss for the club across the board and relevantly here attracting and keeping younger players

Bad boy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Indeed it is - is the top 4 too much to hope for ? On the other hand fear for the Rats this year too many local colts walking away or finding their way to other clubs and not just the Marlins it seems. As has been said on SS thread Sam Harris a huge loss for the club across the board and relevantly here attracting and keeping younger players

Bad boy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Rats should bring back Brownie...he knows how to develop players and half the players in 1st grade came through his program.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Rats should bring back Brownie.he knows how to develop players and half the players in 1st grade came through his program.
Brownie left the club to do a 3 year stint in the UK in 2010 I believe.
1/2 the 2011 colts played 1st grade last year.
That is more a reflection of the depth at the club, rather than an indicator of a good colts program.They played 1st grade despite the coaching in colts, not due to it.

B

BellyTwoBlues

We won't be making any silly predictions or anything like that. Some very dedicated people have worked extremely hard over a number of years to get the Colts program to where it is today. Be that as it may, it is nowhere near the end product. And we certainly won't be getting ahead of ourselves. It is after all, only after the first trial.

What we will say though is that it is the aim of the club to get some self respect back into the Colts program. And this can only be earned by hard work, perserverance and commitment to the greater good. We have a fantastic bunch of kids with us, supported by a tremendous parent and volunteer group. We'll win a game or two this year no question. But the goal is to be competitive.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Not this year.

Obviously I agree with Dave B's sentiment but also agree with ILTW. Manly colts have disappointed and under performed in finals in the past 3 seasons . Although not the same story as Parra it has been a considered build up phase for colts at the Marlins which should finally bear fruit this year. At the risk of "could have should have" - In 2011 they arguably peaked too early losing by a only a late penalty goal to Uni at Uni just before the semis before going out before the GF in that wasteland at Sylvania to a very physical Woods side - Hingano who dominated in centres all season going off early injured. In 2012 a much younger team after 25 odd players had moved to grade some going on to play first grade went close enough - the bulk are back lead by Dombkins and Hodge and some excellent recruitment makes them very strong across the park .The same coaching staff who will also have learned a lot from last year are back too.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Didn't Randwick dish Manly up in the semi final and Randwick have a big bulk of players returning plus have recruited a couple of handy players so I would guess the Wicks will at least be the same standard as last season so will Manly be a 15 point better side than last year?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Didn't Randwick dish Manly up in the semi final and Randwick have a big bulk of players returning plus have recruited a couple of handy players so I would guess the Wicks will at least be the same standard as last season so will Manly be a 15 point better side than last year?
We'll just have to wait and see then hey.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
One thing is for sure it will be a cracking colts comp
Uni, manly, Norths and Randwick should be right up there and Parramatta are stronger and Souths had a strong trial win over Wests and Eastwood and Easts are always strong
Last year Warringah and Gordon had some very good results and have something to build on.
I think I will be watching more Colts games than grade games this season

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
One thing is for sure it will be a cracking colts comp
Uni, manly, Norths and Randwick should be right up there and Parramatta are stronger and Souths had a strong trial win over Wests and Eastwood and Easts are always strong
Last year Warringah and Gordon had some very good results and have something to build on.
I think I will be watching more Colts games than grade games this season
A common sentiment I think.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
We'll just have to wait and see then hey.
Manly were playing well in the early part of that game and then got steam rolled by Randwicks big forwards and lost the game fairly and squarley. They had earlier smashed randwick in the first round. Last year Manly looked to be a young side and with a years experience and maturity will be red hot. The season looks very open for mine - Sydney Uni frontrunners however appear to be less strong and the opposition catching up. Jack Farrer has relinquished his coaching role also so that may influence things.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
yes they will - and they didn't towell them up they game was very even where Randwick in the end were the better team on the day

Status
Not open for further replies.