• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Craft beer thread

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
That is a very smart Project. With 4x their start up costs covered by the campaign they should do well. Meeting demand is going to be the ahrdest thing for them. $1500 for the kits seems legit.

In theory making a Keg worth of beer every 3-4 hours is impressive.

Contemplating.... Contemplating.....

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Shame they won't be doing a 230V version for a while. It lacks some of the charm to traditional home brewing but the advantages can't be ignored if it is as precise and repeatable as they claim.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
tahyjaje.jpg
nice... Best before march 2014

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Has anyone been to Plonk at the Fyshwick Markets in Canberra?

I used to go there all the time when I lived nearby as it always had a pretty good craft beer range.......

However, I hadn't been there since they moved to a larger shop in the newly renovated markets and holy mother fucking shit.......... it is the best bottle shop for craft beer in Australia..........

And the prices seem to be slightly cheaper than anywhere else I go........

So I stocked up on the following:

Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Rogue Dirtoir Black Lager
Weihenstaphner Vitus
Gulden Draak 9000 Quadruple
Rodenbach
Brooklyn Local 1
Brooklyn Local 2
Saison Dupont Vielle Provision
Holgate Road Trip IPA
Hacker Pschorr Hefe Weisse

Plus a few other things I can't remember.........

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just found a Sierras Nevada Pale Ale at the local. Not bad, but running second to the Weihenstaphner Pilsner at the moment.

Had a look for some MV, but rural WA is probably a bridge too far. The local is also having its tasting night in two weeks. Taste 50 beers for $10 and then I realise it clashes with my daughters birthday party, Doh.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yeah, I've been there, Slim, they graciously stock some of my wine. Plonk in Fyshwick and The Oak Barrel in Elizabeth Street Sydney have far and away the best range of craft beers I've seen in Australia (so far). And I spend a LOT of time in bottleos. Northmead Cellars on James Ruse Drive carries a very good range, not quite as good as the other two.

Anyone travelling down the south coast should call in to HopDog BeerWorks in Nowra, he's starting to produce some delicious brews. The place is open for tasting Wed & Thu 10am to 4pm, Fri 10am to 5pm and Sat 10am to 3pm, near Bunnings. Another fabulous beer lovers' spot in southern New South Wales is the Thirsty Crow ("murdering thirst", hah!) brew pub in the sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga. Their Vanilla Milk Stout has won quite a few international awards, I reckon it's better than mother's milk.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Not that exotic but I've taken on IPA's from WA tonight. Feral Hog IPA followed by Little Creatures whilst watching the ITM. Glasses in the freezer and beer nicely chilled. Good night so far.
image.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thank goodness for Foxtel IQ. Forgot about the ITM championship final. Watching now.

Enjoying this from Burleigh Brewing:
Burleigh_Brewing_My_Wifes_Bitter.png

La Jarse is not all that impressed with the label.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip> Glasses in the freezer <snip>

beer_105561.jpg

Hadn't thought of glasses in the freezer. Good idea for the hot day.

White Rabbit Dark Ale today. Lots of malt, chocolate colour, slightly sweet. Worth a second taste.

PS. @gagger, have had emergency resupply of Vale IPA and Vale Lager as well. Still sticking with the sponsors products.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not that exotic but I've taken on IPA's from WA tonight. Feral Hog IPA followed by Little Creatures whilst watching the ITM. Glasses in the freezer and beer nicely chilled. Good night so far.
View attachment 4259

I am amazed at the surface tension holding the beer in sideways. Must make it a bit tough to drink though.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just found Vale Ale Lager in the nearby city. Must say I am very impressed. And not because it sponsors the forum. The citrus flavours were very well balanced. Look forward to finding the other styles.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Not a fan of the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, I prefer more flavour you get with IPAs so I tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo extra IPA tonight. Didn't like it at all for the first few sips. Very hoppy and strong with a very bitter aftertaste. Growing on me but I don't think I'll buy it again.

Very highly rated by those who like a bitter beers
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/30420

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
I'm Pre-ordering the PicoBrew this week.

Also ordering my 3-tap Kegerator and 4 19L kegs+ C02 tank.