• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2023-24

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why should India choose a pitch? It's an ICC tournament, not one run by the BCCI. Grow some balls, ICC.
I agree - there have been changed pitches for the whole tournament apparently. The ICC Pitch guy was ticked off that he was pretty much by-passed when the BCCI pretty much ran roughshod over him and changed the pitch before the India/NZ Semi

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't think we're much chance of winning tonight but realistically India were always going to win this at home. The selection of track will play into their strengths and the BCCI is so transparently dodgy that it's comical now.

That said, the boys will give it a red hot go I'm sure.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What a WC win. Doing it in India as well has to be one of Australia's best wins.

India were looking like getting 350+ at one stage and the Australian fielding put the clamps on. It all slowed right after Rohit Sharma played a stupid shot following a 6,4 and was feeling himself against Maxwell.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Incredible. Vindication after the entire rest of the cricketing world seemed to move in one direction in white ball cricket. Makes a mockery of some of my pessimism earlier on in the tournament and I couldn't be more glad.

They have Kohli, Rohit, Bumrah, Jadeja... but we have Trav.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I was absolutely one of them that wrote them off for looking stale. Tbf they were catching at 54% and the bowling was muted.

But,

Such a long tournament they showed how to build through it instead of storm out the gates which happened to NZ.

We had players stand up in every game and own a match. The fast bowlers in the last 2 have put their foot down. Cummins, Hazelwood & Starc are an all time trio.

Current Test & ODI World Champions. Can they win a T20 and hold them all at once?

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
India's batting innings last 40 overs conceded just four 4s and no 6s. Unbelievable pressure applied. Every bowler played their part.

I think you see the value of a bowling captain there. In this format where the field positions are a little more self determined bowling changes become pivotal and Cummins played it like a fiddle.

Agent

Alfred Walker (16)
An outstanding effort by the Aussie's esp after India got off the a flying start. To go from 1-76 after 9 overs to all out for 240 shows the pressure the Aussie's put them under. Congrats to Travis Head and Marnus on maintaining their composure and getting the Aussie's home. If anyone had told me we would win the whole thing after our first 2 games to would have said they were mad!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That was glorious. Head opening up after getting to 100, six after six after six in deafening silence. The Aussie boys will be up to a lot tonight in celebration.

Cummins' bowling was incredible, his wickets were so timely. With him, Starc, Maxwell and Head leading it's quite a likeable group.