• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2023-24

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's a spicy run chase on a track that's starting to flatten out a bit. It will still take some getting though. I just looked up our highest run chases this century and apart from Edgbaston last year we're a bit thin on the ground for decent fourth innings totals.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another review doused in lighter fluid & burned baby burned...

download.jpeg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How was your prediction WOB? I reckon you guys got plenty and we are in trouble

I've watched enough NZ v Aus cricket to never get my hopes up too high but, yes, right now you'd have to say NZ are favorites. That said both Marsh & Head are capable of turning things around with an hour or so of selective hitting tomorrow morning. It's my RDO so I'll be doing all my errands early the settling in for the ride.

P.S. regardless of the result of this Test, it's criminal there's not a third.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I've watched enough NZ v Aus cricket to never get my hopes up too high but, yes, right now you'd have to say NZ are favorites. That said both Marsh & Head are capable of turning things around with an hour or so of selective hitting tomorrow morning. It's my RDO so I'll be doing all my errands early the settling in for the ride.

P.S. regardless of the result of this Test, it's criminal there's not a third.
That sweet sweet IPL cash.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Play to get underway at midday local time. Rained pretty heavily overnight & this morning so outfield may be a touch slower than yesterday.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Marsh dropped first ball of second over. Fuck, that could cost us dearly...

Head caught next ball but on the whole I'd rather have Marsh back in the hutch.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ badly need a wicket here - preferably Marsh bit I'll settle for Carey. Get Phillips on before the target gets into double digits.