• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Predictably, the cantabs shelve all the mistake-ridden horrific rugby theyve played all season and instead play dynamic physical threatening errorless rugby as soon as the dopey Blues turn up in Chch

TLDR FUCK THE WORLD

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well well well, if the Chiefs beat Blues next week, Brumbies could knock Blues back to 3rd? (mind you same applies to Canes;))

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Papali'i (especially) and Heem were missed. Choat has done well bringing defensive impact off the bench in the final quarter but lacks the size to start. Same for Evans being small at IC. Might need to look at FB for his long term role.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say, although I was pretty relaxed, I almost pleased for the Crusaders' crowd for that win.
Give them credit they have turned up all year, and a lesson to many so called supporters on what a supporter is!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
How did Blues lose that?

Ask the experts, I always say...

Papali'i (especially) and Heem were missed. Choat has done well bringing defensive impact off the bench in the final quarter but lacks the size to start. Same for Evans being small at IC. Might need to look at FB for his long term role.

Predictably, the cantabs shelve all the mistake-ridden horrific rugby theyve played all season and instead play dynamic physical threatening errorless rugby as soon as the dopey Blues turn up in Chch

TLDR FUCK THE WORLD

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
cHECKED THE LADDER FOR TEH DAMAGE, cANTABS MOVE UP TO STAY AT 2ND TO LAST AND THE bLUES SLUMP DOWN TO MOVE UP ONE SPOT TO TOP EHT ETABLE

duh-winning.gif

zer0

John Thornett (49)
So the magic number for the Crusaders is 24 competition points, which is the maximum they can get. We have the Highlanders with 23 points, Drua with 21, and Force with 19. Once any two of those teams pass that threshold it's gg.

I think wins for the Force and Highlanders would be worst outcome for the Crusaders/best for everyone else this weekend as it would put the Highlanders safely into 7th with 27/28 points, the Force into 8th with 23/24 points, and the Drua into 9th with 21/22 points. More importantly, it means the Highlanders playing the Hurricanes next weekend doesn't matter (for this end of the table) but the Drua hosting the Rebels in Fiji does.

EDIT: Actually, a Drua win tomorrow with Highlanders losing BP might be enough to end it. Otherwise it all comes down to what happens in Fiji next weekend.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How did Blues lose that?
Apparently they scoed less points than the Crusaders mate. Wierd huh?? ;) :D
I think wins for the Force and Highlanders would be worst outcome for the Crusaders/best for everyone else this weekend as it would put the Highlanders safely into 7th with 27/28 points, the Force into 8th with 23/24 points, and the Drua into 9th with 21/22 points. More importantly, it means the Highlanders playing the Hurricanes next weekend doesn't matter (for this end of the table) but the Drua hosting the Rebels in Fiji does.
Hey hey mate slow down, a win to Highlanders or Force (or Chiefs) can make a huge difference to top of table, Brumbies, Canes and Blues all still in with chance of being top of the table.
I like most don't really like 8 team finals, but have to admit it keeping a hell of a lot of interest in games otherwise that would mean little. Looking at Clan/Canes game, if there was only a decent 4 team finals system, Clan would just cruise through with nothing to play for etc. Same with Force /Brumbies, these teams making it hard er to rubbish 8 team finals the bastards!!!

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Unfortunately i'm not surprised at that result in the slightest.

If the Crusaders could have rolled out that 23 more this season they would be further up the table.

Equally Blues missed likes of Heem, Papalii, McWhannell and Clarke.

Blues still could have won but they weren't clinical enough and they allowed too many soft Crusaders points (Crusaders try before halftime being a prime example).

Crusaders were a little fortunate not to get a card.

I really hope Blues stick with Funaki at 9 cos i thought he had another great game.

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
Apparently they scoed less points than the Crusaders mate. Wierd huh?? ;) :D

Hey hey mate slow down, a win to Highlanders or Force (or Chiefs) can make a huge difference to top of table, Brumbies, Canes and Blues all still in with chance of being top of the table.
I like most don't really like 8 team finals, but have to admit it keeping a hell of a lot of interest in games otherwise that would mean little. Looking at Clan/Canes game, if there was only a decent 4 team finals system, Clan would just cruise through with nothing to play for etc. Same with Force /Brumbies, these teams making it hard er to rubbish 8 team finals the bastards!!!
Dan...You're a funny man. Top of the table beaten by almost bottom of the table. Doesn't happen that often.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan...You're a funny man. Top of the table beaten by almost bottom of the table. Doesn't happen that often.
No ,and I obviously said it as a joke. But you bang on, it certainly doesn't happen often at all, and make for a better comp when it does really.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
No ,and I obviously said it as a joke. But you bang on, it certainly doesn't happen often at all, and make for a better comp when it does really.
I have nightmares the Crusaders will finish 8th and go on to win the whole fucking thing