• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Brumbies Rnd12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
why not start with Chuck at 15, to play solid in defence from minute 1.

Plus Moggs boot will be more valuable then ever against the Saders. Also the only way he will improve under pressure is for him to play these sorts of games.

McCabe with the form he is in is the unluckiest bloke in the super XV to miss out on a starting spot, but i agree with the selection.

Stampede

Frank Row (1)
How close are speight, power and Fotu. Are any of them playing club rugby this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Other mob

Israel Dagg, Johnny McNicholl, Kieron Fonotia, Ryan Crotty (captain), Nemani Nadolo, Colin Slade, Andy Ellis, Luke Whitelock, Matt Todd, Richie McCaw, Sam Whitelock, Dominic Bird, Owen Franks, Ben Funnell, Wyatt Crockett.

Reserves: Corey Flynn, Tim Perry, Nepo Laulala, Luke Romano, Jordan Taufua, Willi Heinz, Tom Taylor, Nafi Tuitavake.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Henry reportedly had an x-ray earlier in the week but will be held back, same with Power and Fotu.

Fotu's probably being held back for the Shorks game to terrorise them like he did last year and build up fitness for the tour after some great performances on the last 2 tours.

Not sure if they are playing club rugby this weekend though.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Kieran Read not being there evens things out - imo.
Previously tipped Saders their form and home advantage.

Taufua should be ahead of Luke Whitelock.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
How many games has Mogg changed (in positive) this seasons so far, except from the match vs the Tahs
I would say all of them. Cannon of a boot, lightening quick and great passing game. Set up a few tries this year including Tomane's superman try last week. Defense has improved too, remember that try saver on English?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would say all of them. Cannon of a boot, lightening quick and great passing game. Set up a few tries this year including Tomane's superman try last week. Defense has improved too, remember that try saver on English?
His is also crossed the chalk a few times

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
No question Moggy can be a game changer - It is probably his consistency in the big big matches whether at S15 level or test level that may be questionable

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
No question Moggy can be a game changer - It is probably his consistency in the big big matches whether at S15 level or test level that may be questionable

I think he dominated TAHs week which was great and in the Lions when he came on for the Walliabies was electric..

He has had some stuff ups but I think his getting better and better with each game.. Plus's out weigh the negatives..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think he dominated TAHs week which was great and in the Lions when he came on for the Walliabies was electric..

He has had some stuff ups but I think his getting better and better with each game.. Plus's out weigh the negatives..

It's almost getting like the Quade argument some years back.
He seems to polarise opinion,either you are a big fan,or a big critic or at least a very big sceptic.
There don't seem to be many in the middle ground.

Or maybe it's just those with a passionate view one way or other that express it........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mogg can be frustrating because he can drop the ball cold, kick it out on the full, miss a basic tackle to let in a try, but also score 2 tries and set up another one in the same match...........

Stampede

Frank Row (1)
Mogg is a game changer but it is starting to seem like it is in the negative more than The positive. The grand final last year comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Other mob

Israel Dagg, Johnny McNicholl, Kieron Fonotia, Ryan Crotty (captain), Nemani Nadolo, Colin Slade, Andy Ellis, Luke Whitelock, Matt Todd, Richie McCaw, Sam Whitelock, Dominic Bird, Owen Franks, Ben Funnell, Wyatt Crockett.

Reserves: Corey Flynn, Tim Perry, Nepo Laulala, Luke Romano, Jordan Taufua, Willi Heinz, Tom Taylor, Nafi Tuitavake.

Nadolo has scored a few tries against SA teams this year, but he still retains some of the weaknesses that saw him get cut from the Tahs: not good against the high ball, slow to turn and chase, not always physical at the ruck or the tackle. I think he might be targeted this week.

Not sure that Crotty should be at 12, I would have picked Taylor and Crotty and benched Fonotia. Maybe its because they want Crotty in the 10/12 channel on defence to stop Lilo; or perhaps they think with McCabe not at 12 Crotty might run through him on attack.

That backrow doesn't look too strong; this is McCaw's first game back after injury and he will be a bit rusty, though he should be good to go aerobically (broken hand doesn't stop you running). Luke Whitelock is certainly no Kieran Read, just an honest toiler.

Funnel over Flynn has me a bit puzzled too.

Overall they've got some great players, but as a complete team they do look beatable.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Always look forward to this match.... Saders v her magisties ponies club... Go the brumies... Reid out is a big factor... Close but brums by 7

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Just target Nad0lo lads. He aint that good. Misses tackles and dodgy hands. Go all Ben Blair on him.
I love professional rugby where you can target 6'5" 125kg Fijian wingers.
uploadfromtaptalk1399010121485.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.