• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Brumbies

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FrySHHeX0AI5JLH

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Both Fred Kaihea and Sefo Kautai back for this game. Thought they would have been the first reserves for Slipper and Ala'alatoa at the start of the year, but haven't been sighted until now. Same with Jahrome Brown. Were they injured or just overtaken in the order of merit?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I think they were injured, vaguely remember seeing something a few weeks ago.

I'm.....apprehensive about this team. Unless Bernie is playing 4D chess and hoping the Crusaders mentally switch off after seeing the team list and he's planning an ambush, the only other reason other than injury niggles that makes sense is that as we haven't beaten the fluffybunnys since 2009 and an away game against a Crusaders side 2/4 this season is unlikely to be the time we finally win.

In that case, the Crusaders and Blues have both lost twice so we'll still be ahead even with a loss, and a super high intensity game might result in injuries to star players? Play the long game, pencil this in as a loss and make sure we get bonus point wins against the easier teams (Tahs/Reds) through the rest of the season and pick up the 4 points lost this weekend?

I dunno....clutching at hay bales here

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think you're not far from the mark there B'man.

All the younger players have promise, but it's not reasonable to assume they will match it with the Cru just yet. Expect Blackadder to run riot and win a lot of lineout ball at 2.

Last edited:

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I don't think you're not far from the mark there B'man.

All the younger players have promise, but it's not reasonable to assume they will match it with the Cru just yet. Expect Blackadder to run riot and win a lot of lineout ball at 2.
Double negative, not to be picky!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies, by virtue of their dominance in recent years, have been hardest hit by the requirements. Overall, nine players will miss two games and not be permitted to play more than five consecutive weeks.

With the bye in round nine, Larkham had a three-week window for the first rest cycle. Last Saturday's home game against Moana Pasifika, the Canterbury Crusaders on Friday and next week's showdown with the Waratahs in Canberra.

While there was no easy choice, the Crusaders emerged as the best option.

A trip to New Zealand on the back of a short turnaround and wedged in between two home games, it was always going to be a tough assignment.

The news surprised some fans. Surely last week's clash against Super Rugby newcomers Moana was a better option?

Given the Brumbies lost to Moana last year, it was not an automatic victory and resting players would have robbed the club's fans the opportunity to watch the team's best players at home.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Brumbies lucky to be even this close at half time, have to think the Crusaders are going to get a rocket up them in the sheds and come out firing

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Players diving over the line in a position where they arent going to score is pretty annoying, not gunna lie. Particularly with the idiotic drop out law.
Both team have done that, I with you on how dumb it is Derps.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
that's a blow for the Brumbies. Could have gone to the break within a try. Awesome maul D by the Crusaders and then of course they turn it over, grab a penalty and do a Brumbies on the Brumbies.

Even when its not quite clicking, the Crusaders are a wonderful team. Just those little things they pull off.