• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Force 06/05/2023

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force team is a real issue it seems. They really were poor today. To be honest when you get players like Chase Tiatia that go there because they can't get any starts at other super teams and then get's to be a starter every week.
The force will take another 5-6 years. If they were never arsed they would be much better now. They had a great team when they got arsed by the Muppets at the ARU.

But the scheduling is an absolute joke. I would love to see he second closest team for travel meters. Prob not even half of the forces.

Last edited:

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force genuinely look they have no plan in attack. No one is running decoys, flat, maybe one inside ball the whole game?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The crusaders have travelled half the distance the force have so far this season. Half. Good luck being competitive.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
He’s fuqen shit that’s why! No coincidence the Rebels are performing better after his exit!
Whole issue with The Force is we take on the poo that other mob’s have excreted because they were journeymen at best!
Yeh I didn't understand why we took him on tbh

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm sure geography is an issue, but in fairness the Force only got a multi-year participation agreement last year so it was difficult to plan longer term. They are a young team with a few experienced players, whose depth is being tested and who have played 8 of the first 11 games on the road. There will be ups and downs but the young guys will learn from playing the best.
That is 100% it. In 2017 they had a good team. And all of that was lost when they were cut. They haven’t recovered and haven’t had a chance to. It takes 10 years to create a team. All the work done by the force was lost in a single pen stroke.

Pulver and Clyne can rot in hell.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Ummm so you want the penalty try and yelllow card?
It would be a yellow only if deemed to not be a realistic chance of an intercept and if there was an overlap. That might be the case but it was not tested. Equally it wasn’t a try. It was dropped. Whatever comes after that comes after that but don’t award a clear dropped ball as a try.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He’s fuqen shit that’s why! No coincidence the Rebels are performing better after his exit!
Whole issue with The Force is we take on the poo that other mob’s have excreted because they were journeymen at best!
Yep like Chase Tiatia. Not sure what you can do about travel , Perth is in the back of beyond, so makes it hard.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
The travel thing is obviously a huge disadvantage away from home but it equally should be a massive advantage at home. We haven’t ever really seen that materialize in Super Rugby. The Drua who are equally isolated are showing the home benefits of tyranny of distance, we need to get the Force to that level

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You would prefer him to go to Europe?
I'd prefer him to stay at the Brumbies, but failing that I think the Rebels would benefit more by having him and he would be more likely to keep his form in front of the Wallaby coaches/selectors. Harsh, but I think it's true.

However, if Nic is happy with a deal to go to the Force, then he will have my best wishes and support, for what it's worth.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
The travel thing is obviously a huge disadvantage away from home but it equally should be a massive advantage at home. We haven’t ever really seen that materialize in Super Rugby. The Drua who are equally isolated are showing the home benefits of tyranny of distance, we need to get the Force to that level
The Force have actually won all of their home games this year. They just haven't had that many home games.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
The Force have actually won all of their home games this year. They just haven't had that many home games.
It was more a reference to historical performance.

But fair enough although all 3 wins have been against the bottom 4 teams. Hopefully continues as I want a stronger Force.

Currently every team in Super Rugby would sign up to play Force in WA than Drua in Fiji, if given the option. Most teams would be happy to make the trip.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Ok a few beers and a kick of the cat in frustration later maybe I was a bit harsh. Not a shit player but a grafter, without being flashy. Must say though I still think the rebels are stronger. No coincidence that he like Hegarty have played for a few Super teams.
Would really prefer to see how Pugh would go instead though.