• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Rebels Friday 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
friday 13th unlucky for some, too early to discuss ?

on the basis of what we have seen and heard from the rebels 2015 and TT penchant for brute force, i suspect the following, on the assumption PAE isn't too injured

smith
leafa (sexton)
weeks
jones
neville
mcmahon
fuglistaller (faianga'a)
higginbotham

stirzaker (burgess)
harris (debreczeni)
crawford (veainu)
inman
shipperley
naivalu
hegarty (harris)

ah-nau
sexton(leafa)
PAE
jeffries
faianga'a (fuglistaller)
burgess (stirzaker)
debreczeni (hegarty)
placid (crawford)

who i'd start are in brackets. i don't think that there appears to be much between several of the main contenders.

the really unlucky on is once again jordy reid

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
friday 13th unlucky for some, too early to discuss ?

on the basis of what we have seen and heard from the rebels 2015 and TT penchant for brute force, i suspect the following, on the assumption PAE isn't too injured

smith
leafa (sexton)
weeks
jones
neville
mcmahon
fuglistaller (faianga'a)
higginbotham

stirzaker (burgess)
harris (debreczeni)
crawford (veainu)
inman
shipperley
naivalu
hegarty (harris)

ah-nau
sexton(leafa)
PAE
jeffries
faianga'a (fuglistaller)
burgess (stirzaker)
debreczeni (hegarty)
placid (crawford)

who i'd start are in brackets. i don't think that there appears to be much between several of the main contenders.

the really unlucky on is once again jordy reid

My prediction I posted in the Rebels thread early.

1) Smith
2) Sexton (Scrum and lineout work should get him the start)
3) Weeks
4) Jones
5) Neville
6) McMahon
7) Fugistaller
8) Higgers

9) Burgess
10) Harris
11) English
12) Inman
13) Shipperly
14) Safa (Played himself into the side last night)
15) Hegarty

16) Leafa
17) PAE (Depending on injury of course)
18) Cruze
19) Jeffries/Timani (The later played ok last night, and could cover back row as well)
20) Fainga/Reid (Hard to split at the moment, Reid has been impressive in both games)
21) Stirzaker
22) Ellison (Only just back from Japan, could easily swap with Shipperly)
23) Debreczeni

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so we largely agree, i forgot about english he would be on the wing instead of crawford. don't think they will play ellison first game

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
according to Rebels website, PAE for test on ankle, Kingston in rehab, everyone else available.

does anyone know it will be announced ?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: 1. Joe Moody 2. Ben Funnell 3. Owen Franks 4. Luke Romano 5. Dominic Bird 6. Richie McCaw 7. Matt Todd (c) 8. Luke Whitelock 9. Mitchell Drummond 10. Dan Carter 11. Johnnycake McNicholl 12. Tom Taylor 13. Kieron Fonotia 14. Robbie Fruen 15. Colin Slade 16. Codie Taylor 17. Alex Hodgman 18. Watt Crockett 19. Scott Barrett 20. Jordan Taufua 21. Billy Guyton 22. Ryan Crotty 23. Nathaniel Apa

Rebels TBA (unless I've missed it?)

Mitchell Drummond turns 21 on Sunday, here's hoping for an early birthday prezzie.........

Wilson

David Codey (61)
No, he's at the Crusaders, was initially named to play on the bench in Brisbane but I think pulled out before the game, not sure why.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
McMahon (Young gun) v McCaw (Old Cheat) is a possible exciting match up.

Love the fact the Rugby is back, Super Rugby and 6 Nations all weekend.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Headline on Rebels website with tomorrow's date "Four potential Rebels debuts in Christchurch" (link doesn't work yet)

I assume Harris, Sexton, Shipperley and one of Naivalu, Crawford or Placid. Unless PAE didn't come up and Metcher or Gillespie are in line for debut.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Headline on Rebels website with tomorrow's date "Four potential Rebels debuts in Christchurch" (link doesn't work yet)

I assume Harris, Sexton, Shipperley and one of Naivalu, Crawford or Placid. Unless PAE didn't come up and Metcher or Gillespie are in line for debut.

Would go with the first four as well.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Crusaders: 1. Joe Moody 2. Ben Funnell 3. Owen Franks 4. Luke Romano 5. Dominic Bird 6. Richie McCaw 7. Matt Todd (c) 8. Luke Whitelock 9. Mitchell Drummond 10. Dan Carter 11. Johnnycake McNicholl 12. Tom Taylor 13. Kieron Fonotia 14. Robbie Fruen 15. Colin Slade 16. Codie Taylor 17. Alex Hodgman 18. Watt Crockett 19. Scott Barrett 20. Jordan Taufua 21. Billy Guyton 22. Ryan Crotty 23. Nathaniel Apa

Rebels TBA (unless I've missed it?)

Mitchell Drummond turns 21 on Sunday, here's hoping for an early birthday prezzie...
Not sure about Robbie playing on the wing. Yes, he's big and fast but I'd rather have guys running off him. Which I guess they will when he comes in from the blindside wing, but the centres were a shambles at Ballymore.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
As usual my blind optimism sees the rebels a good chance here.

I expect they will be leading at 60 when blackadder brings on the subs then things will go the crusaders way for the final 20.

The winner will be decided by the Rebels mental step from last year. If it was a small one then Saders be less than seven. If they have truely matured then Rebs by les than a penalty.

Either way Blackadder to lament his sides poor exectution after the match with zero words of praise for the rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.