• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Rebels Friday 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I might join you at the Turf. There are shitty pubs near the office but if I can get down there in time I'll give it a shot.

Good man Tex. KevinO will be there too, as well as a few others. Managed to rope a colleague into it; turns out he's an ex-Scotch College Rugby player. Doesn't mind a beet too.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ok, My predictions (Hopes)

Stirzaker and Jack D continue that awesome partnership they developed in the NRC (Only reason I can see they are both starting) and one of them scores the first try of the Match.

The 5 man Back row get on Sir Ritchie's nerves and he finally cracks and gets sent off for punching Stirzaker (We all know his going to be in his ear all game)

Burgo to control the last 20 with the Rebels getting up in a nail biter. I know I am dreaming but if this happens I'll be first to say I told you so :)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Leafa's throwing is suspect anyway, amazed Sexton was overlooked as his set pieces are way better. Would also have been safer with Neville and Jones as locks, and Timani on the bench and the raw Jeffries to come in after a couple of games.

Maybe it's a kick up the ass for Sexton and Neville, maybe they haven't been training well, maybe it's a Captain's Call from McGahan. Seems damn weird to me, though.

Placid is another who didn't make it. The kid is still young, however, and Naivalu has gone well in the trials and can cover 13/wing, whereas Placid is 15/wing and they already have Hegarty covering 10/15.

Interesting that Shipperley played 13 in the trials but goes straight back to wing in the opener, and Ellison was rushed in with little time.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The team looks ok ...just hope Tony doesn't do a repeat of last years 6 player replacement strategy a couple of games in ? (was it 6 ?) for the force match which seemed to knock the stuffing out of them ....felt they lost far too much momentum after that . The NRC has certainly given some good kids a chance to display their talents across the competition , the step up to Super15 should prove enthralling.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Crusaders must be laughing at that second row. They can now throw it around and not worry about knock ons as their scrum will cream ours and pinch the ball back as often as not.

Tony was against Neville last year until Pyle signed over seas. I know he has his faults but the scrum is better with him there and right now that is our biggest problem.

My biggest worry is this side is picked to kick and chase because we have two big kickers and five backrow to compete at the breakdown.

The boredom of "Jakeball" aside, the crusaders are the worst team to try this against even if they are missing a few of their first choice starters.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Crusaders scrum got dished up by the Reds in the trial last weekend didn't they?

I don't think they'd be getting too cocky about facing anyone's scrum at the moment.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Rebels scrum was similarly boned by the Highlanders last week. Demolished on their feed and our hookers struggled to get a clean strike on a number of our own.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The Crusaders scrum got dished up by the Reds in the trial last weekend didn't they?

I don't think they'd be getting too cocky about facing anyone's scrum at the moment.
Reds did the same or more to the rebels the week before, with slipper making origami cranes out of weeks.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Tony was against Neville last year until Pyle signed over seas. I know he has his faults but the scrum is better with him there and right now that is our biggest problem.

He turned against him after the Force game in Rd. 2. Having ditched Jones for Neville for no apparent reason, Neville then turned in a performance so abject that he was dragged after 20 minutes. Takes a while to earn trust back after that.

D

daz

Having done zero analysis, zero research and zero viewing of the Crusaders in the pre-season, I can quite happily prognosticate that the Rebels will win by 10+.

I will now spend the day preparing for your messages of awe and prostrating yourselves at my feet later tonight.

:D

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
He turned against him after the Force game in Rd. 2. Having ditched Jones for Neville for no apparent reason, Neville then turned in a performance so abject that he was dragged after 20 minutes. Takes a while to earn trust back after that.

Well Tony has failed to earn any of the fans trust back since then so he should be a bit more carefull. Today's selections could be the end for him in the fans eyes, we get smashed he will be a goner.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez daz I am prepared to prostrate at your feet just through your ability to use the word prognistate!!
:D

Reactions: daz
D

daz

Well Tony has failed to earn any of the fans trust back since then so he should be a bit more carefull. Today's selections could be the end for him in the fans eyes, we get smashed he will be a goner.

Geez, you and @Dumbledore have really taken a handful of happy pills. The season hasn't even started yet; give the man half a chance!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Finally found a tv channel here in Vancouver to watch the Soup. $17 a month extra a bit steep, but in this hockey crazy country, I'll take it.
Go Saders!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.