• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Rebels Friday 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
What I can possibly offer up as an explanation is that the refs have been told to be overly strict at the start of the season as to cut out any bad behaviour early on?
It is also a World Cup year and you can bet that the IRB refs boss has said only northern hemisphere style refs ( whistle blowing all game ) will get a gig in the RWC

Reactions: Tex

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Why can't some of you Rebels supporters just acknowledge a damned fine win overseas (and perhaps, the coach) and give the "yeah, but." stuff a rest for now?

I'm already there Daz. I don't give a fuck about stats right now, WE JUST WON OUR FIRST OVERSEAS MATCH! Mrs ozt isn't gonna be happy with the specimen that presents itself later at the front door. But totally worth it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I tipped it too, although I got the margin wrong. My best start in the tipping comps, its all downhill from here.

Thought the Cru were pretty lacklustre; will be interesting to see how the Rebels go next week. But they played pretty well at the breakdown and there were a few very contentious hometown decisions they had to overcome. All power to them.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
10959731_941093249235815_4606879799471296391_n.jpg

Wish that man was still in Red. Congratulations Rebels.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
On second thoughts the worst thing about this isn't that Greg Fucking Martin predicted it, but that whereas we did pretty much everything I expected us to, we were so slow & laboured in doing it, and even then managed to fuck it up more often than not, even allowing for the fact that by virtue of being so slow & laboured we handed the Rebels strongest player group (loosies & halfback) any advantage we might have gained through our strongest player group (tight 5).

And I think it bears repeating that when 10 points down with 10 to go & you get a penalty dead in front, you TAKE THE FUCKING THREE & get back down there: then, and only then, do you tap & go or drill it into the corner for the lineout drive (assuming, of course, your hooker doesn't completely fuck up the throw) to tie it up.

Having ranted all of the above, there's no denying that the Rebels fully deserved their win. They are now officially my favourite Aussie team, poor bastards.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Well with a nod in the direction of Das for his prediction (but isn't Rebels by 10 your default prediction?) I called us a real chance and leading at the 60. Amazed the Crusaders turned down so many penalties. No respect and the played for it.

Scrum did better than I thought and Timani was immense around the park. Cannot really blame leafa much for the throes. Even when they were good we were beaten . I think he was just trying to find a way to win a few. Still the Rebels are well used to bad throw after four years of them.

Wrapped with the first round win and if I was at the turf I would also be drinking Oz timmys weight in beer, and I am not a big bloke so I would not be presenting myself to anything but the Gutter.

Oz Timmy, you can add my Weight to your drinks tally. I only played back in a country Vic school so for an old front rower that should not be much of an extra %

Reactions: Tex

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Well with a nod in the direction of Das for his prediction (but isn't Rebels by 10 your default prediction?) I called us a real chance and leading at the 60. Amazed the Crusaders turned down so many penalties. No respect and the played for it.

Scrum did better than I thought and Romano was immense around the park. Cannot really blame leafa much for the throes. Even when they were good we were beaten . I think he was just trying to find a way to win a few. Still the Rebels are well used to bad throw after four years of them.

Wrapped with the first round win and if I was at the turf I would also be drinking Oz timmys weight in beer, and I am not a big bloke so I would not be presenting myself to anything but the Gutter.

Oz Timmy, you can add my Weight to your drinks tally. I only played back in a country Vic school so for an old front rower that should not be much of an extra %

So far we have exhausted the fat yak from what I can tell. Working through the rest. This is a good night to be a Rebel.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Bloody awesome effort and win by Rebels especially considering we were down a man for 20 minutes(I know Crusaders were also down a man for ten).

We couldn't beat both of last year's finalists in first two weeks could we? Why couldn't we bring on Tahs at the Stockade next Friday.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well done Rebels. Ground out the win. Started to lose the battle in the tight 5 that they held very well for 60 minutes, but dug deep and managed bare parity and drive for a good win denying the Crusaders a home bonus point while at it. :)

Great defence by the whole side.

Status
Not open for further replies.