• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds: International Star Wars Day 4:35pm NZST

capalaba

Allen Oxlade (6)
Am I happy we put the Crusades away? Absolutely. We are not going to threaten the better sides until we get our 1st Five sorted, sorry but Creighton is simply not the answer.

Nasser should be starting, his line-out work is far more consistent than Faesseller. We.missed Hodgman's.clean outs at the breakdowns today he also organises the forwards defense. And quite frankly Suli, see you later Ryan is here to stay.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Am I happy we put the Crusades away? Absolutely. We are not going to threaten the better sides until we get our 1st Five sorted, sorry but Creighton is simply not the answer.

Nasser should be starting, his line-out work is far more consistent than Faesseller. We.missed Hodgman's.clean outs at the breakdowns today he also organises the forwards defense. And quite frankly Suli, see you later Ryan is here to stay.
Pretty sure our first five is sorted. Lynagh was out injured....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ you're a cruel fluffybunny sometimes @Dismal Pillock.
not trying to be cruel but I'm not sure you realise how discombobulating all this is for We The Rebel Alliance.

Completely uncharted territory. It's as galling for you to adjust to as it is suspiciously odd (and yes, wildly exciting) for us.

The Cantabs, at home, get their roll on, get their maul rolling, accrue their points, then back their D to not let the bloke down next to them in the trenches. Or infringe repeatedly and bank on the opponent being too dumb to capitalise.

It's worked for decades. Title after title after title.

Now suddenly they cough it up when they should be getting their roll on and then on D the opponent makes the yards and scores tries in the last 20? At New Tinpot Lancaster Park at night in the depths of winter? It's like the Death Star has morphed into a kiddie's Barbie playland set overnight. I'm not going to extrapolate on the different kinds if stiffies at play visa visor Darth vs Barbie because my ankle monitor goes berko when I do but you get my gist.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Reece had to give Ryan a little jab after he scored in the first half. Shows his character. Such a shame that one of the best wingers we have seen in a long time is a terrible person/role model

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Tim Ryan is an absolute gun. Please stay in Australia and union. 5 trys in 2 games. Unreal.

Vunalalu could have easily charged down the conversion from the crusaders on their last try. He got to the ball and turned intstead up putting his hands up and body on the line.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
watching the replay. I know its a Kiwi commentary but jesus - talk about one sided. Suck shit. I love when Aus teams beat the Crusaders - Gods gift to global rugby it would appear.
Some of their commentary was downright embarrassing especially after what we have had to put with Doleman reffing us.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Just watched some highlights, and maybe I had drowned out the commentary live but holy shit they couldn’t get a name right.

In the lead up to the tries they mixed ip Grealy and McReight multiple times, and likewise Nonggor and Fa’afase. And don’t forget, one of the commentators was actually a coach at the Reds last year.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Comprehensive win by the reds, and didn’t the scoreline flatter the crusaders?!

I didn’t expect my team to be such an embarrassment this season, but the rise of the Aussie sides and their exciting new talent coming thru has invigorated the comp and makes for mouth watering internationals this year.
And yes, the commentary was cringe worthy!

As for Zero‘s constant reference to Kiwis being sheep shaggers: Australia has 5 times our population and 3 times as many sheep, so statistically sheep shagging occurs 15 times as often on your side of the ditch. Just sayin……….