• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds, Round 11, 6 May 2016, AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All the chat outside of here is about the Cru by how many, heard someone talking about 60+. I am hopeful of the Reds making it hard work for the Cru and killing their scrum.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think it will be harder work for them than many expect for the first 50 at least. Once the benches start coming on I don't know. There are a hell of a lot of ABs on the Saders bench and if you take out Saia, we are seriously lacking in experience.

If they run away with it, I reckon it will be in the last 20.

G

galumay

I suspect it wouldnt matter if the odds were 800-1 you are going to lose your 1. There is a lot of difference between the horses in this 2 horse race!

T

TOCC

12-0 Reds off to a shocking start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Campbell Magnay is completely out of his depth at this level (at this point in his career)
The comms had him as the scapegoat on the second try, i think its bullshit, he had three guys running into his channel and he trusted the inside guy to cover the ground which he obviously didnt.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nine-phase advantage Reds followed closely by an eight-phase advantage Reds: it's hardly our fault they can't USE the fuckin' advantage, ref!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Don't understand why the Reds are getting all these advantages and not going for a bomb or chip kick?! You've got the advantage, use it!

T

TOCC

Crusaders fans showing their class and booing the kicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd have to say that's the worst half of rugby I've seen the Reds play this season. Just never threatening in attack without Kerevi, plodding and predictable with no teeth in the forwards and no penetration in the backs. Not sure how many the Crusaders will get but it's looking like the Reds will be to nil.

The second half beckons, let's hope they don't set another new record for the worst half of rugby played this season...

T

TOCC

No potency in attack from the Reds, no creativity in the backline and Reds getting beaten at the breakdown

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't wish to single out McIntyre, as it is not just him at fault in attack, but he's crabbing a lot. Not helping the limited options the Reds have without Kerevi.
Support play on attacking rucks getting caught out a bit too - I think the Reds could have been penalised a couple of times for holding the ball on the ground. Crusaders are very good at, ahem, occupying the space too. All sorts of space. But their counter-attack play is sublime at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.