• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds Super Rugby R6 2020 Friday 4:05PM (Q)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Two critical moments that should have resulted in yellow cards not even penalised.Firstly, just before halftime and the player playing the ball on the ground 5m out from the tryline. Blatenr professional foul. The second being Mounga tackling LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 10m from the line while he was on the ground. How did they both get missed? Not even a penalty and not a word from the commentators

Same thing happened from the Reds later in the game.

So sick of hearing complaining about the ref's, bad calls happen on both sides. The ref very rarely makes a side lose a game. Move on.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

So sick of hearing complaining about the ref's, bad calls happen on both sides. The ref very rarely makes a side lose a game. Move on.
Yep reds find there own ways to lose games - in this case just look at kicking stats for where they lost the game. Going to be (another) frustrating season it seems for reds supporters as they show glimpses of brilliance but every game seem to find new ways to lose games. Probably harder to be reds fan then tahs fan as reds show lot of potential whilst tahs are just generally woeful so expectations lower.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm really really really getting over these close losses...

I know it's a difficult venue for kicking but this isn't an isolated occurrence - WTF is Aldridge doing???

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

To beat the Crusaders especially at home you need a bit of luck. Sure the Reds had their chances, the lineout (again) was poor, they kicked from hand and the tee poorly but I also think those two blatent professional fouls had an impact on the match. Both occured within 10m of the Crusaders tryline with the Reds hot on attack and both should have been yellow cards.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not understanding this. I'm watching games on kayo through a mates account. I only get ads at halftime.

I could understand that Penguin. But these were indiscriminately mid-play and extended. When play returns the screen freezes for another few seconds as the sort things out, ball has changed hands, no idea where we are on the field, no discussion to bring us up to date.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I'm really really really getting over these close losses.

I know it's a difficult venue for kicking but this isn't an isolated occurrence - WTF is Aldridge doing???

I’ve seen under 8s get closer to the posts with drop goal attempts than Jock did last night. It is very hard to quantify though as he was so good with ball in hand, I doubt we score some of our trys without his attack setting us up, but it’s also fair to say if he kicks those goals, or attempts some kickable penalties in the first half, we win.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I could understand that Penguin. But these were indiscriminately mid-play and extended. When play returns the screen freezes for another few seconds as the sort things out, ball has changed hands, no idea where we are on the field, no discussion to bring us up to date.

Sounds horrendous & unnecessary. Is it just happening on the Fox stream or also on the tv broadcast? Certainly didn't happen on the Kayo stream.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Two critical moments that should have resulted in yellow cards not even penalised.Firstly, just before halftime and the player playing the ball on the ground 5m out from the tryline. Blatenr professional foul. The second being Mounga tackling LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 10m from the line while he was on the ground. How did they both get missed? Not even a penalty and not a word from the commentators

Well spotted.
The Mounga tackle-whilst-on-the-ground was visible to touchie so it's an even more irritating moment.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Sounds horrendous & unnecessary. Is it just happening on the Fox stream or also on the tv broadcast? Certainly didn't happen on the Kayo stream.

It absolutely happened on the Kayo stream, sounds like just not for everyone.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
It absolutely happened on the Kayo stream, sounds like just not for everyone.

Wierd. Didn't happen for me. My mates account is a stand alone Kayo account. Not linked to a Fox subscription. Wonder if that made a difference? Is it happening on other games to? I only tend to watch Reds games.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Wierd. Didn't happen for me. My mates account is a stand alone Kayo account. Not linked to a Fox subscription. Wonder if that made a difference? Is it happening on other games to? I only tend to watch Reds games.
Don't think so, I've also got stand alone. If anything I'd think the fox accounts would be more likely to be safe given they're based off of a higher spend. Not sure if it's a standard/premium thing. Based on this thread it hit at least three of us at the same times in the game. Oddly stacked in the first half though.

I think it happened in the brumbies sunwolves game at least once too, but I was paying less attention so thought it was just during a break in play.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I've never seen a professional player kick worse than Campbell has over a prolonged period. He has had at least four clean shanks this season, and we're only in round 6. Good kickers might go their whole career with only one or two.

Good player other than that though.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I didn't notice it yesterday and Im standalone Kayo..

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Don't think so, I've also got stand alone. If anything I'd think the fox accounts would be more likely to be safe given they're based off of a higher spend. Not sure if it's a standard/premium thing. Based on this thread it hit at least three of us at the same times in the game. Oddly stacked in the first half though.

I think it happened in the brumbies sunwolves game at least once too, but I was paying less attention so thought it was just during a break in play.

I had some moments during the game where the stream froze and I had to refresh. I wonder if those were the ad breaks and my adblocker stopped the ads but froze the stream. In any case it's poor form from Fox!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I had some moments during the game where the stream froze and I had to refresh. I wonder if those were the ad breaks and my adblocker stopped the ads but froze the stream. In any case it's poor form from Fox!

You know what.. I think this was me as well, I had an ad blocker on.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
You know what.. I think this was me as well, I had an ad blocker on.

Soundscape like the ad blocker is doing the job for in game ads but at the cost of having to restart the stream and finding we're you were up to. I hadn't noticed on previous games but I watched them on delay. Technology eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.