• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CruSadists v Reds 27/05/22 at A.R.S.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah, yeah. It's the despondency following another utter shite performance. Thorn will be given the benefit of the doubt around injuries. And I wouldn't think there is anything better available. We don't want revolving doors again.

But sheesh.
I think we really are seeing the harm of loosing the NRC this year in particular. The fact that the Reds made more of it than just about anyone else means they're also hurt more than anyone else by the loss of it. I haven't done the numbers but I have a feeling that from the final year or so of the NRC the ratio of QLD players to NSW players playing across super rugby has tipped nearer towards 1:1 than the 2:3 it had been and without that semi-pro comp accelerating development there just isn't the capacity to support that.

Obviously we need to accept that reality and adjust, but I was always a big fan of the way the QRU went all in on the NRC and built a long term strategy around that pathway, so I can't complain too much if it takes a few years to course correct.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Made the mistake of re-watching the 2020 game, now I'm unreasonably optimistic - lots of parallels with the injuries we carried into that game (O'Connor, Petaia, Rodda and Paenga-Amosa all missing). Wilson and Campbell (place kicking aside) were phenomenal that night, hopefully they can repeat it.

Salakia-Loto also had an excellent game, but the form he's been in I don't think he'd be as likely to repeat it had he been included tonight.
Thank for liking this after the game finished to remind me of my hubris @RugbyReg . It's always the hope that gets you

Alex Ross (28)
I don't buy into this narrative that Thorn is done, with his record, everything else that's happened this year and the long term commitment the reds have made to him I reckon he gets another year and I back him for it. Certainly if there is a change to make it makes sense to do it after the world cup, as the great coaching merry-go-round happens.
IMO, Thorn has peaked. And it’s at a level below what is necessary for anything more than domestic coaching. He needs a stint overseas as a subordinate to get some experience. Though it is hard to see much support from his assistants. They are so dependent on a couple of (admittedly great) players that they a shot ducks without them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You'll be back... you're the guy that drives past a train wreck & does a U-turn at the next set of lights just so you can see it from the other side... then a U-turn at the next set of lights so you can see it from the first side just in case anything's changed... You are, in short, possibly the most tragic of all the footy tragics on here, @Dan54 not excluded.
Well that's just a bit rude frankly.

Just for that I'm gunna drink even more beer.

Last edited:

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Man the reds were poor. I can't remember a single instance of dominant contact in defense. This compressed defense with no one past the tram tracks hurt them.

Tates delivery from the deck was often high. Thought Creighton did ok with the hand he qas dealt.

You can't point to injuries for the lack of dominance in contact or what seemed at times like being sucked into aimless kicking.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds reconnaisance mission complete. No need to show your hand too early. Keep the powder dry. Play possum. Should have the Cantabs number in the 1/8 rematch next weekend.

And what a performance from The Tenured 3-Headed All Black Hydra of The RWC2023 1/8 Exit Shartpocalypse, that being, messrs Bridge, Ennor and Havili. If you had no idea who they were you'd never in a million motherfucking years guess they were incumbent All Blacks. Un-fucking-believable

WizardLollipop.jpg

"You think Fozzie was watching our latest laughably dogshit performance?"
"Fuck no, he never watches this Super Rugby bullshit"

"Sweet, another season onboard the AB gravy train....."

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Vunivalu looked lost so often - can't fault him for trying to get involved but too often just didn't seem to know where to position himself. You've got to think that the coaches would have had set plays to get him involved but couldn't see it. He likes to hit rucks that he doesn't need to be in. Surely they have worked with him on where to be positioned in defence and how to involve him in attack? Somehow it just doesn't seem to be gelling apart from the occasional powerful run.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I'm watching the replay. After that I gonna write something here

Update: Reds s*cks

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well done to the Crusaders, just too good and exploiting the Reds.

The Reds lineout is pure garbage. Smith, Uru and ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young) are too short of a three man jumping squad with Wilson not being that quick in the air. Hopefully we'll see Smith, Blyth and Uru. But we'll be down to what, our 6th Hooker with Matt no doubt missing next week?

Also, what was with the commentators talking down Mantera's tackle.... "Looks like its neck first, not head". Unsure if those idiots have ever seen a C1 injury before.......
I would like to see pablo cited as I agree that tackle and way landed looked like a c1 injury waiting to happen. Should have been a red and to me the way the player landed is why world rugby cracked down in this area.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would like to see pablo cited as I agree that tackle and way landed looked like a c1 injury waiting to happen. Should have been a red and to me the way the player landed is why world rugby cracked down in this area.
Yep, I thought could well of been red at first, but then thought of the reds that have been handed out that have been overturned this year, and I can understand why refs look for a reason not to give them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Could save the Reds flying money because they can just saty there for next week?

From stuff.co.nz:

"The Crusaders will face the Reds, who will remain in Christchurch to prepare for the match rather than return to Brisbane, in the quarterfinal in Christchurch next weekend."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
the Reds, who will remain in Christchurch to prepare for the match
Excruciating. They'll be tearful despondent wrecks by next weekend.

"What will we do today?
"Well, we could go and look at that avon creek again....."
"I dunno. Maybe we could spice things up and maybe try looking at a hill?"
"How about one of their shipping container bars from the earthqu
"The creek it is. Brace yourselves for the excitement of it all, lads."

Status
Not open for further replies.