• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dan Carter out of cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Terrible news.

The last thing we need is the Kiwis to use this as an excuse if they don't win the tournament.

C

chriscullen

For years this has been every All Black fans worst nightmare, they definitely can still win the cup and are the frontrunners but this casts a massive doubt.
This is probably one of the only positions there is little depth.
Shattered!

J

Jay

Without wishing to anger the mockers gods (cause you know, they've already crocked McCaw & Carter so fuck you mockers gods) I think we're still in with a chance. We should be able to get past Argentina, and barring further injury I still think an AB's side without Carter is capable of beating anyone at home on their day. And hopefully, should they make the final, it'll be against a severely limited England side who they should be able to beat handily. So basically it comes down to whether they can beat Aus/SA with Slade or Cruden. Which they can, but it's much much less likely. So I'm basically shitting my pants.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think they can still win without Carter... if it was McCaw it would be a different matter as they really don't seem to be at quite the same level without him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
shocking news for the ABs. But I don't mind them using it as an excuse, as long as we've got the Cup.

Has it been confirmed that Francois Steyn is out of the Cup too? A massive loss for the Boks, he was their pressure into points go to.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Massive wow, can't believe the injury was that serious and I thought the fairytale Gods would want the ABs to win on home soil. Unless they are trying to produce an even bigger fairytale things aren't looking good for both of our finals contenders. In saying that we aren't having the best run with injuries either, seems the teams on the other side of the draw are starting to look good. Wales probably look the best along with Ireland. England are stumbling along although they did that all the way to the 07 final, France need a miracle to turn themselves around.

C

chriscullen

Wonder if Steven Donald is hanging out near the phone. Bring back the duck!

C

chriscullen

shocking news for the ABs. But I don't mind them using it as an excuse, as long as we've got the Cup.

Has it been confirmed that Francois Steyn is out of the Cup too? A massive loss for the Boks, he was their pressure into points go to.
Yes steyn is out too

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How do these guys get injured at captains runs???

anyway, that's a real terrible loss not just to NZ but the rwc as well.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
In the 2010 bled where DC was out, Cruden started and didn't impress. Slade came on and had an accomplished performance.

I now think that these roles have been slightly reversed, Slade has been average and looks nervous all the time. Cruden was in good form during the ITM and I have a feeling he will be the answer.

Bet they wish Luke Mcalister hadn't left his contract so early. Tough times for the AB's

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hey as AB fan, I a bit pissed, but this is what happens in rugby. So ABs now just have to play with another 10, such is the way of World Cups etc.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Tough luck for NZ. Losing Carter reduces the expectation of winning which loosens the noose a lot. But there's only one Dan Cater so that balances the ledger.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I like Cruden myself. Interesting that the AB fans on here aren't keen on the back up. What's with that?

W

Waylon

Without wishing to anger the mockers gods (cause you know, they've already crocked McCaw & Carter so fuck you mockers gods) I think we're still in with a chance. We should be able to get past Argentina, and barring further injury I still think an AB's side without Carter is capable of beating anyone at home on their day. And hopefully, should they make the final, it'll be against a severely limited England side who they should be able to beat handily. So basically it comes down to whether they can beat Aus/SA with Slade or Cruden. Which they can, but it's much much less likely. So I'm basically shitting my pants.

You have to love how kiwis polish the trophy every 4 years before they have won it

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Lords of Darkness must be packing it now.

Staring down the very jaws of victory, and then this....

Missing their prodigal son, the playing fields are suddenly more level, or are they?

Bokke - Steyn gone
Men In Gold - Schmoo, Palu gone, Diggers no certainty
Soap Dodgers Sheridan gone, Wilko minor injury but lost his kicking boots
Les Bleus - Mojo gone
Argies - Contemponis ribs not good

RWC 11 is turning into a war not a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.