• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Deans confirmed until 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Mixed feelings about this, but I've come around to be more in favour than I was. The Wallabies look like they are on an upswing. If that holds true, the ARU will look like geniuses. If it doesn't, they'll have more to worry about than a coach with a poor record.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Frees RD and crew to take a long term view first thing next year developing the squad, kills off detractor distractions/politics during the 3N/RWC, and enables a steady transition to a new coach if/when. All without any debate threatening the ARU adminstration. Smooth.

Got to give JON credit, he is a good administrator and we will profit from it.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Good Signing. Since he came on Australian Rugby is slowing getting better. +

Hell yeah, in the last 3 years the Wallabies have won......................... um...............

Well the Reds won, I guess we can give him some of the cr.................. um................ actually maybe that was the Reds coaches............

Hmmmmmmmm

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Are people really impressed by this? Deans so far hasn't actually achieved much.

I thought his future was to be decided after the WC?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yay Reds will have Link untill then! haha
I'm not a fan of Deans but I hope he can get us a few trophies during that time

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think it's great, deans has been working towards a deadline of the world cup and this allows him to just ignore that pressure and keep on the safe baby steps the wobs have been taking, who knows by 2013 we could have the cook cup and realistically finish second in the tri nations.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Hell yeah, in the last 3 years the Wallabies have won......................... um...............

Well the Reds won, I guess we can give him some of the cr.................. um................ actually maybe that was the Reds coaches............

Hmmmmmmmm

Deans helped QC (Quade Cooper) and Genia a lot. Look at Beale as an example. Also i said slowly.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
At least by 2013 we should have the deepest depth in world rugby.

That's something.............right?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
We dont have trophies because we have not had the depth in 'cattle' to be able to get where we need to go. Not to mention you need depth to create competition for spots which makes everyone push harder and should therefore be a lot better for it. Deans has been brought in to get the depth we need so we can actually compete.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I guess since Deans has been building on a long term plan it makes sense to keep him on for a bit longer to see what it will all amount to!

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Deans has been good for Australian rugby and has built depth but It is not as if we were languishing at the bottom of the world rankings before he came on the scene.
Depth has always been an issue but we have punched well above our weight for the last 25 years.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

Hmmmmmmmm
We have the DHL cup!
DHL_Cup_Winners_(Large).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.