• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Elsom: Messiah or just a naughty boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
many posters who declared that Rocky wouldn't be missed because we had Mumm, McMinimumm and Higginbumm. They all turned out to be bums. Who now prefers any of the three bums to Rocky? Speak up, please.

Biffo,
I'm sure Higginbotham can drop passes & bomb tries at international level also.

The fact that Rocky raised the Cook cup like it were the Webb Ellis cup just made me cringe also. I'm sure Elsom is injured ATM so I'll excuse his poor showing of late.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
disco said:
many posters who declared that Rocky wouldn't be missed because we had Mumm, McMinimumm and Higginbumm. They all turned out to be bums. Who now prefers any of the three bums to Rocky? Speak up, please.

Biffo,
I'm sure Higginbotham can drop passes & bomb tries at international level also.

The fact that Rocky raised the Cook cup like it were the Webb Ellis cup just made me cringe also. I'm sure Elsom is injured ATM so I'll excuse his poor showing of late.

i think rocky raised the cook cup like that due to fact that the wallabies had had a poor year and it was also his first ever win as captain, but the fatc your were able to read so much into it probably means you know more than i!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
disco said:
1. I'm sure Higginbotham can drop passes & bomb tries at international level also.

2. The fact that Rocky raised the Cook cup like it were the Webb Ellis cup just made me cringe also.

3. I'm sure Elsom is injured ATM so I'll excuse his poor showing of late.

Re your point 1. Is those the only Higginbum failings you can see? Try bone idleness for starters.

Re your point 2. Ever heard of sticking it to the poms. What an opportunity! 80,000 in person and many more on tv. Yeah, Rocky.

Re your point 3. Have a look at the stats for last Saturday and tell me which Queenslanders did better than Rocky.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Spook said:
Tall poppy syndrome

If Rocky had signed for the Reds a few months back a few people would have a very definite "opinion" (sic) to that they are pushing now.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am still to be convinced that he is the best player in the world. He was great in Ireland last season but hasn't reach those levels since returning to Oz. Last season his ball carrying was awesome but for the Wallabies his is hesitant at the point of contact. It makes me think that he has an injury.

One thing in his favor is that he is our best lineout jumper, but that isn't saying much.

I like him as our captain though and think that it is good that he gets to start the job overseas. Hopefully a good off season will get him back to full fitness and he can reach the heights of 2008-09 for the Brumbies and Wallabies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I think we've forgotten the timing

He finally got to the global top tier at the end of 08, capped off with the baabaas game where he had a stormer.

He then fucked off to Ireland where he unanimously kicked arse.

He returned to Oz on a roll, and then his knee "problem" came to the fore.

He only came back well into the 3Ns and I think we'd all agree he doesn't look 100% fit.

Yet, no-one seems to be able to name a clearly superior 6, especially not in Australia, and no-one seems to dispute him being a solid choice at captain.

What are we arguing about? Whether he's superman?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Biffo said:
Cutter said:
Biffo to Elsom = waratahjesus to Carter

Elsom = 10.0 Carters :angryfire:

i dont think its fair to compare carter to elsom, elsom couldnt play in the centres and carter couldn.....well carte probably could play 6 quite well, its probably what spurs elsom on to get better!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Biffo said:
Spook said:
Tall poppy syndrome

If Rocky had signed for the Reds a few months back a few people would have a very definite "opinion" (sic) to that they are pushing now.

definite or different? or did you mean a definite different opinion?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Re your point 3. Have a look at the stats for last Saturday and tell me which Queenslanders did better than Rocky.

WTF do Queenslanders have to do with it? :lmao: Classic

I'm an Aussie 1st Reds fan 2nd. But if we have to go there then the Queenslanders were carving up out in the backs.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
disco said:
WTF do Queenslanders have to do with it? :lmao: Classic I'm an Aussie 1st Reds fan 2nd.

Impossible, Disco. Such an animal doesn't exist.

I'd like to meet you one day, just to make sure.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
disco said:

WTF do Queenslanders have to do with it? :lmao: Classic

I'm an Aussie 1st Reds fan 2nd. But if we have to go there then the Queenslanders were carving up out in the backs

Thanks for making my point very clearly indeed. Qlanders "carving up out in the backs". :lmao: :lmao:

When Rocky announced he was going to Dublin there came a Qlander view on this board to the effect "we won't miss him because we have Higginbum and McMinimum". When it was rumoured that Rocky might go to the Reds, he suddenly became a good player in Qland eyes. As soon as he signed for the Brumbies, the general Qland view became that he could not play.

Go figure the correlation ... and after that, have a good look at the stats from last Saturday.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Biff and Lindomer,

You both really do have chips on your shoulders don't you? For the life of me I can't understand why. As soon as a Qlder mentions a Qld player you jump down their throats - and it happens too often to be considered a joke.

Scarfman,

Surely after last weeks warning, this is grounds for a yellow card?

Status
Not open for further replies.